Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 8:09:30 PM EDT
Really I am.  Woke up this morning and my voice was gone, head pounding, nose and sinuses clogged up, joints aching.  Then I sneezed.  Felt like my head exploded!  So now I'm doped up on cough syrup and nasal spray.  Yes, I think I am floating.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Really I am.  Woke up this morning and my voice was gone, head pounding, nose and sinuses clogged up, joints aching.  Then I sneezed.  Felt like my head exploded!  So now I'm doped up on cough syrup and nasal spray.  Yes, I think I am floating.
View Quote

Who do you think you are?? ME??

Same thing I had NO VOICE when I woke up and (If you get disgusted easily...DO NOT read any further) I coughed and felt this layer of phlegm peel off what felt like my vocal cords and I could talk again...raspy but at least I could talk.

Weird.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe you shouldnt have kissed the chick from work at the Christmas party [:)]

Will you ever be able to live that down?  mmmmmm, probably not.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Dr Fridge,

"I coughed and felt this layer of phlegm peel off what felt like my vocal cords"

Pics man! We need pics!               NOT!

All seriousness aside, that's been going around here in Orygun, too. I just got over it a couple days ago.

NMSight
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Add me to the list.  
Coughing, nasal congestion,
fever, and joints ache.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dr Fridge,

"I coughed and felt this layer of phlegm peel off what felt like my vocal cords"

Pics man! We need pics!               NOT!

All seriousness aside, that's been going around here in Orygun, too. I just got over it a couple days ago.

NMSight
View Quote

What pic? You dont need a pic. Ever see an oyster out of its shell?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:23:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe you shouldnt have kissed the chick from work at the Christmas party [:)]

Will you ever be able to live that down?  mmmmmm, probably not.
View Quote

Especially not knowing where that mouth had been! [>:/]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:26:04 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys want some cheeeeeese with this whine? [:D]

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:27:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Bad news!! If it's the crap I had it will take 2 or 3 weeks to get completely over it. This strain sucks, it just hangs on and makes you feel rotten for quite awhile.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:50:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Been on a cruise ship lately?..[;D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Glad to hear I am not alone. Still have a voice but just constantly feeling dead in my tracks, sick to my stomach, headaches from hell, etc...been about a week now.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:54:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Same here!

And my wife...

And my daughters....

And my In-Laws....
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:55:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Not me, I feel [B]GREAT[/B]!![:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Stay off the board and quit spreading the crap around![;d]  Hopefully  you'll get to feeling better before Next Year![:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Shap and Aimsmall,

Thanx for the support!  Seriously I do recall her being sick about a week or so ago.  No, I will never live it down.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#16]
oh man! if i get sick i get a day off or two.cant get the patients sick.if im running a temp i cant go to work until its down and cant go around immune compromised patients for three days after.quick someone cough on the key board and monitor so i can take a week off.[puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top