Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2002 8:39:23 PM EDT
In the last six months I have had serious problems with EVERY business I deal with! Is American business becoming more dishonest? It seems like lately every business I deal with has some contract that is designed to steal a little bit from Ol' Carl, but its Ok. They checked it with the Legislature. A little tax, a small fee. An imperceptible mistake. If you call to check it out, they have some little prick on commission that only makes the problem bigger. Forgot to tell me about the extra fee. You never read the fine fucking print? You have to pay $150.00 to shut it off. 7 days late, and you pay a $30.00 fee. Hewlett Packard, Sprint, Summit lending, MCI, FNANB, Capital ONE. Have at it guys!
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 8:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny, I just wrote two editorials:

One was about the state adding a surcharge to satellite tv customers to "level the playing field with cable". WTF?

The other one was about the $10 increase (total $30) in getting a vehicle inspected.  KY and TN have no such requirement and yet the cars on the road are mysteriously just as functional as the ones here.  

Oh and my vehicle tax payment was late, so they added a $5 fee to that.  They apparently don't go by the postmark anymore.  Instead, they go by "when they logged it into their system." WTF?  It could sit in a mailroom for two months before some asshole gets to logging it in.  The postmark date has always been the date until just recently--credit card companies are pulling the same bullshit too.

We're being nickel and dimed to death with taxes, surcharges and fees both public and private.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#2]
One was about the state adding a surcharge to satellite tv customers to "level the playing field with cable". WTF?
View Quote

I hate bullshit like that! When is this stupid ass scheme going to hit retail. It's going to get to the point that the goverment will add a surcharge to Best Buys product because they sell it cheaper than CompUSA, thus "leveling the playing field"!
[img]http://members-http-1.rwc1.sfba.home.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/BS1.gif[/img] WITH STINK!
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
...It's going to get to the point that the goverment will add a surcharge to Best Buys product because they sell it cheaper than CompUSA, thus "leveling the playing field"!
View Quote

aka communism.  Its happening...
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Who is John Galt?
View Quote

amen
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who is John Galt?
View Quote

[s]we[/s]
[b][size=4]I[/size=4][/b]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top