Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2001 3:30:48 PM EDT
OK, so of course you do but.....I don't.

My house was built 3 years ago and my 3 1/2 baths have 1.5 gal per flush cans. GOD IT SUXXX

Phuk whoever came up with that 1.5 gpf rule!!!!!![-!-!-]

God Bless you that do have one. You lucky sons o bitches.

Me and my well used plunger hate you(OK just jealous)
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Hrmm, perhaps if you need a plunger that much you should see your doctor. Maybe your plumbing is messed up  [;)]

Aviator
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine are postban but I converted them and have not had any problems since.  Work just like prebans.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
My house was built 9 years ago, it's postban. When I added a full bath downstairs, a postban flusher was all I could buy. I got one question: What good is a postban crapper when you gotta flush it 3 times???
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#4]
X-Ring is correct. How do I convert my post to a pre ban? Will the AT(oilets)F care? Is there a form to file?
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]

sherm8404,
You must first have a class II toilet manufacturing license ($50/year).  You can then convert the toilet to pre-ban, afterwhich you must pay an 11% excise tax on same.  To do so without having the license and paying the excise tax will possibly make you liable for a $250,000 fine and/or 10 years in prison.

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#6]
How to get around the post-ban toilet and get a pre-ban toilet!!!

Go to a plumbing company (NOT Home-depot, HomeBase, etc).

Tell them that you own a small resturant, and you need a new toilet for the customer bathroom. Not a 1.5 gallon type. They will be happy to provide you with a high flow toilet.

Then enjoy a single flush toilet again!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Once again there are no pre/post bans in Canada with toilets either.  I have often seen cars crossing the border at Detroit with toilets.  They buy them here and run them acorss to their "free toilet" deprived zones.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
X-Ring is correct. How do I convert my post to a pre ban? Will the AT(oilets)F care? Is there a form to file?
View Quote

Well, with mine, there was a small cylinder overflow gaurd in the tank of the toilet, and it held the limit of 1.5 gallons.  Cut a hole in the gaurd, or remove it, and you have a non-transferable automatic post-ban!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Storm  bringer,  Are there any stores on the internet in Canada where I can order a preban plumbing.  I am about to build and my builder actually suggested finding someone in Canada to buy plumbing from and put it in after the inspection.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Just hold the handle down. Works on most post ban toilets. Works on pre ban also!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Guys & Girls!
Here in the Detroit area We've had quite a few people try to do the "Cross Border Boogie" with a "Working" toilet, only to be stopped at the U.S. customs with contraban (sp?) and not allowed to bring them in!

Just to let Ya know.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#12]
There is a plumbing supply I found on the net that sells pre-ban toilets.  They are out there if you look and really want one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a preban in the apartment, but the landlord adjusted it to use 1/3 of a tank and put a big bottle of water in there to save on his water bills, needless to say, it uses 4 gallons a flush again [:D]

I had a postban in my previous residence, I just got to where I took a dump, stood up, flushed, and grabbed the plunger, every single time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I plan on modifying the toilets in my 5 year old home or getting new ones in Canada myself in the not too distant future. I really hate the low flow toilets. I think they actually use MORE water when you have to flush them 2 or 3 times. I've heard that quite a few people near the Canadian border buy the high flow toilets and bring them back into the US. You most likely would not get caught bringing one back unless you:

(A) had in the seat next to you

(B) declared it (duh)

(C) were subjected to a random search (pretty uncommon here in Washington State)

I could easily bring some toilets back across the border in the back of the Suburban by putting some luggage on top of them or just bring them in on a feight train. It seems like Customs never searchs the freight trains when we go back and forth. I suppose if I was really concerned I know a few remote spots where the border can be crossed with ease, too. But really, I've never been hassled at the border. They only seem concerned about whether or not I have any dangerous fruit with me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Topic - I'll bet none of you have a pre-ban toilet!!
View Quote

I do in my garage, but my stack of catalytic converters is blocking the entrance.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By WhoMe?:

sherm8404,
You must first have a class II toilet manufacturing license ($50/year).  You can then convert the toilet to pre-ban, afterwhich you must pay an 11% excise tax on same.  To do so without having the license and paying the excise tax will possibly make you liable for a $250,000 fine and/or 10 years in prison.

View Quote

The 10 years of jail time seems worth it to me just so I don't have to unclog my shi**er anymore.

I'm so nuts for a post ban I'd sneak across the border with a pre ban toilet strapped to my back!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Man yall guys are fancy fellers my outhouse has a big hole and every-once and awhile we fill it with dirt and move it over a few feet. No flushing but boy the wife can stink errr up. I guess I should have bought a toilet pre or post before I bought this computer. [beer]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#19]

LOL@sneak across the border with a pre ban toilet strapped to my back!

(I got a mental picture of that the first time I read it, sherm8404. Thanks for the laugh!)

Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#20]
heh whats ironic is that simply shanges parts ona post ban toilet can make it into a "EVIL" assoult toilet flushing gallon aftter gallon with just aa single pull of the flush

heh any way just replace the floating thing in the back of teh toilet i forgot whats its called but thats we we did and it works or geta Pre wgatevr toilet
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Man just think one semi load of cigarettes going north and a load of toilets coming south and you could retire!
But of course the bars on the windows my get old after a while.
TF
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I got two American Standards, 1977 vintage. Love 'em so much, that when I move in two weeks, they're coming with me!

Paul
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Just bought a pre-ban house, complete with pre-ban toilet.  I was worried when the bath was remodeled as I thought the crapper was going to be replaced with a post-ban model.  However, the contractor left the preban model in place in the otherwise new bath.  [:)]

Yeah, the new ones should be called three flushers, cuz that's about how many times you have to flush em to get the sh!t to go down.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#24]
The place I live in is so old we just have a hole in the floor.[:D]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a 1948 vintage detached tank toilet. It's been flushing since before many of us were born!
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I did like stubbs.  Mine had a white plastic cylinder, looks like the lower half of of a gallon Clorox bottle, that I cut a 1/2" slot down each side so that it emptys the entire tank with each flush. I did this on about the third day in my new house, 3 years ago, and have not had a problem since.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#27]
My house was built in 1925 and the upstairs toilet was from 1930 - a humongous 5 or 6 gallon per flush jobbie! I remodeled it with a post-ban model with no problems.  I do however live 1.2 miles from the Canadian border, and considered goin' over for a pre-ban model. Hmmmm, maybe I should have kept that high-cap model?
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hmmmm, maybe I should have kept that high-cap model?
View Quote

Your contractor probably made more re-selling your antique toilet than he made doing the remodel.

Link Posted: 3/31/2001 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Get a "handicap" toilet! You get the large
tank and you sit higher!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top