Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 8:03:35 AM EDT
Gentlemen,

A couple of months ago, I posted some items for sale in the EE that I did finally deliver on, but it took me quite a bit of time.  This post is to explain to my fellow board members why my behavior was less than honorable and why it took me so long to deliver what I promised.  

About 6 months ago I hooked up with a girl that I liked alot and we thought we had it made.  We moved in together shortly thereafter and things started to go downhill (funny how living with someone will show you what they are really about).  She quit her job, and shortly after that became pregnant with my child.  Now I don't have any kids, but to be honest with you I became quite excited at the proposition of becoming a Dad.  About 3 weeks after she got pregnant she told me that she had changed her mind and that she did not want to have this child and that she intended to abort it.  I was heartbroken.  

About this time alot of you were gearing up for Gunstock, as was I.  I got an offer to do some offshore sailing (which is my other passion) so I had to forgo Gunstock to do this sailing trip out in the Gulf of Mexico.  I was gone the weekend of Gunstock, and when I returned home that Sunday, the girl in question had told me that the local Police had stopped by to pick me up for a warrant they had for my arrest.  They came by the house and asked her if I was there, and she said that I was not.  They asked her if they could look around the house to make sure that I was not there.  She gave them the okay.  The cops went into my shop and saw a RPB 37mm flare launcher on my shop bench and told her that they thought it was a grenade launcher and that they were confiscating it.  Well when I got home that Sunday night, she told me what had happened.  Being that this is a very small town in central Texas, and that I do know the Chief of Police, I called him to find out what the warrant was for and what I needed to do clear this mess up.  He explained that the warrant was out of Austin and that I would need to go there to clear it up, and then he asked me about this "grenade launcher" so I explained that it is not a Class 3 weapon and is readily for sale all over the place.  He verified that and told me that I could come by and pick it up, so I did.  I then went to Austin and took care of that mess which in turn ended up being a mistake on their part.  
   While I was dealing with all of this, this girl, decided to tell her mother, who is a total drunk piece of trash and her mother in turn started telling people all over town that I was an Illegal Arms Dealer.  As a result of that I lost two VERY large commissions and my  name was pretty much smeared througout that town.  I lost my ability to conduct business in that town because people thought that I was up to no good.  I decided to put my house on the market and get the hell out of there, so I moved my stuff out and put it into storage. I took the girl to Austin to have the "procedure" done and I have sinced moved back to my hometown of Dallas, TX.

It was because of all this racket that I did not tend to my business here at ARFCOM and as a result RALLYWAGON, GREEN18, AIMLESS, STRIKER, LOWAMMO, and WILLIAM LXIX all had to sweat out their purchases.  I did not communicate hardly at all and it took me over a month to ship them their goods.  I would like to apologize to you guys for that delay and lack of honorable behavior.  I realize that I probably did not need to post this long story, but I have always enjoyed the fellowship that this site brings and it is important to me that my fellow board members know that I very much care about the opinions that are bestowed on me by you guys.  Please understand that I am not providing excuses for my behavior because I think excuses are chickensh*t.  I am simply trying to relay what happened.  I have already communicated this to each member that I owed goods to, but I wanted the rest of you to know why this went down the way it did.

Thanks for reading this and I'll be around now, that my life is back to normal.

Sincerely,

Josh

And yes I did dump the broad.......but I would like to add that it was not my decision to abort this child.  I wanted it with all my heart, but the decision simply was not mine.  I will say that my view on abortion is that it is wrong and I will never be the same because of it, but I have to drive on.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you had some rough times, im sure the members who purchased your items will be very understanding. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#3]
that's one hell of a story.
i hope you dumped the bitch and can get your life back.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear about the little lady.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sorry about your situation, but more sorry that your child lost his/her life over it.  Good job explaining the situation to those who you were dealing with.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#6]
And I thought I had some bad times once in a while.  Glad you explained yourself.  Best of luck.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like you went through a little slice of hell for a while there. I hope things are more on an even keel for you now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys are to easy -- my read

I met a girl, I had some problems. I said FU to others who were counting on me.

It was all about me,  not you.

I am sorry ------- till the next time, I meet a girl, have some money problems, whatever. Heck all I got to do is [b]say I am sorry, that will make it all go away[/b]

edit to add: then again I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry about your rough ride. It takes guts to do what you just did.
I like to think this board brings that out in people.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Josh,

Man I hate to hear all of that happened. I wondered what was going on. I've never had to deal with the abortion aspect, but some of the messes I've been in have been really bad. Just remember the Lord is always there for you, and you've got the guys here too.

On a lighter note, I'll be up your way (Dallas area) over the holidays. I'll shoot you an email.

Scott.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Capt already said it (sort of), but:

It takes a man to stand up and admit he FU.
Good on ya.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#12]
just a little advice.

but when you get back in the dating saddle, make sure the mom is sane, sober, clean, kind, and forgiving.

you can tell alot from a girl just through her mother.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#13]
What Triumph said.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Hey, Josh.  Glad your life get back to normal.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:13:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Thank you guys for the words of encouragement, it means the world to me.

Cyanide- Your right, I did let down those who were depending on me.  I let my situation get the better of me and as a result I did not do what was expected of me.  I have no excuse, but I can do my damndest not to let that happen again.

Take care,

Josh
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:23:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn, cyanide.

I agree about the excuses like assholes thing..but damn - that was a good excuse.

[juleswinnfield]give a nigga a break.[/juleswinnfield]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:35:40 AM EDT
[#18]
"She" got pregnant with your baby?  How'd SHE do that?

And you drove her to the abortuary?  WTF?

Damn dude.  Keep your dick in your pants.  Woulda saved you a LOT of grief and guilt.

Oh...but abstinence doesn't work...I forgot.  

I'm glad for you that you're done with the shit, but I hope you learned and NEVER forget the lesson.  
It was costly.
[:(]

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:38:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thank you guys for the words of encouragement, it means the world to me.

Cyanide- Your right, I did let down those who were depending on me.  I let my situation get the better of me and as a result I did not do what was expected of me.  I have no excuse, but I can do my damndest not to let that happen again.

Take care,

Josh
View Quote

Yer a good man...
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:40:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm glad for you that you're done with the shit, but I hope you learned and NEVER forget the lesson.  
It was costly.

View Quote

Yep, somebody had to die.  Most really serious lessons are like that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#21]
A terrible set of circumstances for all parties involved.  Some very hard lessons were handed out as well.

IYAOYAS467 made some mistakes, but owned up to them, and apologized in public for his actions.  It takes a Man to do that.  It also takes a Man to accept apologies, and to realize that if not for the Grace of God, he may have had to go down that same road himself.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#22]
I do not mind  being proved wrong ------ [b]sometimes[/b] Best to you Josh
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A terrible set of circumstances for all parties involved.  Some very hard lessons were handed out as well.

IYAOYAS467 made some mistakes, but owned up to them, and apologized in public for his actions.  It takes a Man to do that.  It also takes a Man to accept apologies, and to realize that if not for the Grace of God, he may have had to go down that same road himself.
View Quote

[b]WELL[/b] said.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#24]
It is always easiest to run and hide!

You have proven you are not going to take the easiest way out.

I hope all goes well and that the lessons learned will not be repeated.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"She" got pregnant with your baby?  How'd SHE do that?

And you drove her to the abortuary?  WTF?

Damn dude.  Keep your dick in your pants.  Woulda saved you a LOT of grief and guilt.

Oh...but abstinence doesn't work...I forgot.  

It was costly.

View Quote

Scottman-

I GOT her pregnant and there is no other way to see that.  Having this abortion was her decision not mine.  I wanted this child and would have done everything in my power to give this child the best life that I could, but ultimately it was not my call. I did drive her and I did pay for the abortion, because I felt like that was the right thing to do.  She had no money and no real support from her family, so I felt like it was the stand up thing to do since it was just as much my responsibility as it was hers.
I did learn from this experience, but your right it was very costly.  Next time I hope that I will excercise better judgement.

Thanks,

Josh
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#26]
I think you have taken a big step in growing up.  It takes a big man to admit that he messed up.  Making things right also was a good step.

This is the thing that got me:
About 3 weeks after she got pregnant she told me that she had changed her mind and that she did not want to have this child and that she intended to abort it. I was heartbroken.

About this time alot of you were gearing up for Gunstock, as was I. I got an offer to do some offshore sailing (which is my other passion) so I had to forgo Gunstock to do this sailing trip out in the Gulf of Mexico.
View Quote

You have your child in a life and death struggle and you take off to go sailing?  Dude, you are not ready to have children.   Next time, stay home and take care of your business, not your passion.

I am glad that you are back on track.  I have had many fuck ups in my life, all of them my fault.  
I am glad you have learned from this episode.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#27]
To show good faith on your part I would suggest from now on your adds you ship product first and put the trust into your customers that they put into you by shipping funds first. At a minimum on your adds specify that you will ship COD and cover the fees so that they don't have to pay untill the product is shipped.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Sounds like you've had some hard times. Apologies accepted.

Quoted:
Gentlemen,

About 6 months ago I hooked up with a girl that I liked alot and we thought we had it made.  We moved in together shortly thereafter and things started to go downhill (funny how living with someone will show you what they are really about).  .
View Quote

Well, that's one way of looking at it.

Another is "Sleeping with a girl BEFORE you really know her can really screw your life up."

Question is "Will you continue to be like the moth to the flame, having already been burned once?"

Have a prosperous life.

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I am sorry ------- till the next time, I meet a girl, have some money problems, whatever. Heck all I got to do is [b]say I am sorry, that will make it all go away[/b]

View Quote

What an asshole. You're lonely aren't you? That's okay, I know you'll never admit it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#30]
i wouldnt hesitate for a minute dealing with josh on any side of the transaction

glad you're back buddy, we'll have to grab a drink sometime since you're a little closer.......
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

What an asshole. You're lonely aren't you? That's okay, I know you'll never admit it.
View Quote

Why jump on the guy for speaking his mind?
Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

FWIW, I agree with cyanide on this one. Guy takes money and splits, doesn't deliver goods. Sounds like theft to me. What if you let someone borrow your car to go to the local Zippymart and they don't come back for a month or two. Thinks its stealing? I know I do.

I understand shit happens. But there are responsibilities in being a man and keeping your word is paramount. I am glad that those involved have forgiven and gotten their goods. Were I them, I would've done the same. From the outside looking in, however, I see someone of questionable integrity. I hate to say it, and decided to just let this thread go, but attacking cyanide for bringing this up is unwarranted. I think you owe him an apology but "then again, I could be wrong".

Cyanide,
Kudos for having the balls to stand up say what needed saying.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top