Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2004 6:55:26 PM EDT
Take a look at this shit.
A children's toy that makes fun of 9/11!!!!!

See the story and pictures of the toy here

http://www.wftv.com/news/3684494/detail.html

L M Import Export Inc. is located in Miami, FL Zip 33014

You can search Florida corps here

http:// http://ccfcorp.dos.state.fl.us/corpweb/inquiry/corinam.html

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

L M Import Export Inc. is located in Miami, FL

http://ccfcorp.dos.state.fl.us/corpweb/inquiry/corinam.html

Those red X's really piss me off too.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Links no work
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

L M Import Export Inc. is located in Miami, FL

http://ccfcorp.dos.state.fl.us/corpweb/inquiry/corinam.html

Someone beat me to it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I couldn't get the links to work.

Try this one  www.wftv.com/index.html
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry guys but I can't get the link to work.
Try cut and paste method
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#6]
This link should work  www.wftv.com/news/3684494/detail.html

Here are some pics.

They might be able to claim it is a coincidence until you look at the base of the building.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#7]
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A bag of candy shocked a local grandmother and will most likely shock you. The toy inside looks like a plane flying right into the Twin Towers. Now, that toy is off some local store shelves because of our story.

MORE IMAGES OF TOY

It doesn't stop there, though. That grandmother was surprised, again, when she read the numbers imprinted on the toy.

Until Thursday afternoon, the little toys were on sale to kids around Central Florida -- two towers with a jetliner in between that appears to be crashing into one of the buildings. They come in packages along with candy.

We talked to a grandmother who couldn't believe what she'd inadvertently bought for her grandson.

Not weird enough?
Read more strange news.

LOOK! Strange News Photos

"It makes me angry," Anna Rodriguez says. "I was offended because I couldn't believe that someone would give something like that to a kid."

When Rodriguez let her grandson pick out a bag of toys and candy, she never realized what was inside until her own son noticed the disturbing toy.

"[He said] look at the toy. I said, 'Let me see it,' and when I looked at it I was outraged. I was like, what? No way," Rodriguez says.

She purchased the toy at a local grocery store. We found more packages still hanging on the candy rack. The storeowners were appalled when they saw what a distributor for Lisy Corporation, based in Miami, brought to their store. The store pulled the bags from the shelf Thursday.

Rodriguez has pictures of the Twin Towers in her living room to remember the victims of 9/11. She says there is no mistake what the toy represents, especially when you look at the product number on every single toy: 9011.

"Everybody knows it's about the twin towers and it's nothing to be joking around about," says Rodriguez. She believes someone out there did it on purpose. "Whoever did this knew what they were doing, they definitely knew."

A company called Lisy Corporation distributes the candy bags. They said they are also offended by the toy and have pulled 17,000 of the toys.

Lisy says they bought the toys, sight unseen, from L and M Import/Export of Miami. We talked to L and M and they say they have no problem at all with the toy and don't consider it offensive at all.

We even pointed out to the import company that every single toy has a stock number on the front that reads "9011." L and M Imports didn't find it all coincidental and said it's just a toy. Asked if they'd talk on camera, they said there is nothing to talk about.

Fortunately, the product is being pulled from the shelves here in Florida.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks SWIRE.

I'm going to call LM Import Export Inc. tomorrow and give them a piece of my mind
Sick bastard
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#9]
some people deserve the finger of god.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks SWIRE.

I'm going to call LM Import Export Inc. tomorrow and give them a piece of my mind
Sick bastard

WTF, scumbags!!!

Whats the phone number?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks SWIRE.

Sick bastard

WTF does LM stand for? Local Muslim?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks SWIRE.

Sick bastard

WTF, scumbags!!!

Whats the phone number?

Here is what I found.

L M Import Export Inc
Address:   4805 NW 165th St, Miami, FL 33014  
Phone: (305) 622-7122
Ask for Mr. Hung Lam
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks SWIRE.

Sick bastard

WTF, scumbags!!!

Whats the phone number?

Here is what I found.

L M Import Export Inc
Ask for Mr. Hung Lam

My GUESS is that it's not INTENDED to refer to 9-11, but that it's just a really unfortunate, sick coincidence.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks SWIRE.

Sick bastard

WTF, scumbags!!!

Whats the phone number?

Here is what I found.

L M Import Export Inc
Ask for Mr. Hung Lam

My GUESS is that it's not INTENDED to refer to 9-11, but that it's just a really unfortunate, sick coincidence.

What is the odds of a toy with 2 same buildings with a plane in the middle?
AND have an item number 9011?

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#15]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks SWIRE.

Sick bastard

WTF, scumbags!!!

Whats the phone number?

Here is what I found.

L M Import Export Inc
Ask for Mr. Hung Lam

I agree.  I don't think anyone is stupid enough to do that on purpose.  Although, apparently they are stupid enough to do it  inadvertently.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#19]
This is sickening.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#20]

What is the odds of a toy with 2 same buildings with a plane in the middle?
AND have an item number 9011?

Hence the words "really unforunate, sick coincidence" - I agree with you that the odds are incredibly small, but I find it just as unlikely that someone woudl deliberately make a toy like that and ship it to the U.S.  

Like I said - it's just my GUESS - maybe there really is some asshole out there who made this deliberately.  I could absolutely be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#22]
L M Import Export Inc
Address: 4805 NW 165th St, Miami, FL 33014
Ask for Mr. Hung Lam
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe they were intended to be sold over there in the sand and inadvertently ended up here on our side of the world.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Not to be the only one but I don't see a plane crashing into a building, instead I see a little toy that spins, yeah it may have something to do with 9/11 but is it making fun of 9/11? Hell if I know I didn't make the toy and I doubt the importer really went out of his way to piss people off.

They no doubt really didn't pay attention to a little toy that came from China, it was in a bag of candy after all.

Now don't get me wrong, they did the right thing pulling the toys.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#25]
It's a likeness all the way to the radio tower only on one of the buildings!  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not to be the only one but I don't see a plane crashing into a building, instead I see a little toy that spins, yeah it may have something to do with 9/11 but is it making fun of 9/11? Hell if I know I didn't make the toy and I doubt the importer really went out of his way to piss people off.

They no doubt really didn't pay attention to a little toy that came from China, it was in a bag of candy after all.

Well sir, I honestly feel that this was intentional.  I can't, for the life of me, conjure up an idea that would result in a toy "flying" between two buildings.  I firmly believe it was a cruel prank on us.

I FULLY agree. 2 towers, a plane, nose first, heading toward one of them? Not above   it, but  at   it. A serial number on ALL of them that has 9011? That's just too much to be an accident. For the sake of 3000 murdered people, is it asking the supplier too much to respect that?

FUCK NO. I think they should be called on it, and I'll be making a call tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well sir, I honestly feel that this was intentional.  I can't, for the life of me, conjure up an idea that would result in a toy "flying" between two buildings.  I firmly believe it was a cruel prank on us.

I FULLY agree. 2 towers, a plane, nose first, heading toward one of them? Not above   it, but  at   it. A serial number on ALL of them that has 9011? That's just too much to be an accident. For the sake of 3000 murdered people, is it asking the supplier too much to respect that?

FUCK NO. I think they should be called on it, and I'll be making a call tomorrow morning.

If it was done on purpose I still doubt the importer was aware of it at the time. But yeah call them let them know their mistake.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#31]
There is no way in hell that this was an accident.

It just blows my mind...

High blood pressure alert.

- BUCC_Guy

EDIT:  Additional prayers sent this evening to the victims.  And a "smite" request for the individuals behind this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:19:45 AM EDT
[#32]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:35:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it was done on purpose I still doubt the importer was aware of it at the time. But yeah call them let them know their mistake.

You know, I have to admit that even though my reaction was that it HAS to be a crazy coincidence - the more I look at those two buildings, the more they look eerily like the WTC (I'm especially noticing the really tall windows on the lower floors - that's werid).  

So I guess I'm starting to lean towards believing that in fact it might be a deliberate likeness.  I GUESS people make toys like this for assholes in the middle east (probably a big seller on the West bank), and maybe they got shipped to the wrong place/importer by mistake??

If deliberate - I agree with ya'll.  That would make my blood boil!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:12:11 AM EDT
[#34]
You have got to be a few cards short of a full deck to believe that this toy was NOT made to look like the World Trade Center with a plane crashing into it with the numbers 9011 on it, or your REALLY gullible.

F@CKING PLEASE!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#35]
The toy was probably made in China too. If it was made in this country, you would think a worker somehwere would have figured it out before hitting the shelves.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:20:12 AM EDT
[#36]
There was a recent story on the news here that L&M was willfully importing childrens jewlery made almost entirely out of lead.  It was for the little .25 cent vending machines at the front of grocery stores.  

They just dont care.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Unreal!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Even if 9/11 never happened that toy makes no sense.  An airplane between two buildings?  What would be the purpose of it.  I am sure it is a terrorist toy.  It probably wasn't meant for this market and made it here on accident (?).  It was more likely meant for the young terrorist boys and girls of the middle east.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Importer claims all he did was contract for cheap toys to fulfill a business deal with no selection what they'd send over.
Was for a "grab bag" type party favor, and of course says he had no idea what was coming in.

Maybe they are popular in the Orient and Mid-East which would be unthinkable.

Toys of choice for baby terrorists?

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Importer claims all he did was contract for cheap toys to fulfill a business deal with no selection what they'd send over.
Was for a "grab bag" type party favor, and of course says he had no idea what was coming in.

But like I said I doubt the importer new what the hell type of little toy it was, no one ever likely gave them a second look. Just sold them and then all the sudden the shit hit the fan.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

You would think that the importer would open the box to see what he was distributing.  I blame the distributer.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm speachless.  I realy can't describe how disgusted I am at the sight of this toy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Cocksuckers!!

Someone should capture video of the toy being shot with a .50 cal!!

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The toy was probably made in China too. If it was made in this country, you would think a worker somehwere would have figured it out before hitting the shelves.

Freaking China!!  They will be the end of us!!

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, how long till some asshole with $$ in his eyes puts these on eBay where some other asshole will buy them?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Intention-fucking-al!

Remember even bad press is good advertising.
The company will likey make a large amout nof money from the bad press!

Fucking bastards!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#48]
That is really fucked up! Boooooooo!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Scum bag chinese. They make many anti-American toys. I have seen examples of some of them.  They are complete scum!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#50]
I just heard on the local news that they had recalled all of the toys.

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top