Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2013 8:52:34 AM EDT
I work for a government agency and we are very sedentary in our jobs. Sitting at a desk all day is par for the course. I've been using my "smoke" breaks for the past few years to walk a mile, twice a day. I usually include running the stairs, too.

This has led to several people here starting to walk in our downstairs hallway as well. Cool, no problem with that. My issue is with the idiots.

One guy, not the brightest bulb, walks 3 times a day at a 4-5 mph pace. Real quick walking, very healthy. Walks several miles a day.......but has to park right by the front door because it's too far for him to walk to his truck across the parkinglot.

The girl I carpool with, has been working on dropping weight too. Never mind that she'll tell people that she lost 35-40 when using her highest pregnancy weight as a marker (and she got HUUUUUUGE!)

She texted me today, asking if I would drive her to the local bagel shop for lunch........across the parking lot! 100% honest, across the parking lot. My Jeep is halfway to the fucking store! I can look out the window as we speak and see people walking into the store. 200yds. Not a real big parking lot. 55 degrees out, bright and sunny, not a cloud in the sky.

I refused to drive her and she threw a fit. I told her I would walk with her, there's an organic market next to it and I wanted some avacados.

Seriously, WTF!?!?!?! You wanna lose weight? Get off your ass!

I don't understand what's so magical to people about eat less, move more.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 8:57:01 AM EDT
LOL...sounds about right. I had a girl in my gym yesterday who refuses to even do an AIR squat because she swears her legs will get too big if she does....
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:06:54 AM EDT
Why are you giving them a hard time about their glandular problem?

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:15:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2013 9:15:58 AM EDT by 4thbreak]

Originally Posted By HUMONGO:
I work for a government agency

Govt is usually the place where people with low work ethics end up that can't cut it in the real world. Lowered expectations of them so they fit in nicely. No offense to you personally, just as a whole.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:25:33 AM EDT
So you're posting this from work?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:54:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JBFJ40:
So you're posting this from work?

Indeed!

Posted it during my lunch break.

This post, however, is a slacker post.

I'll agree with the lowest common denominator stereotype. I have always been interested in politics and government. Civic duty has always been a higher concern for me.
Top Top