Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 4:18:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
hell, it's already got a big ass spoiler on the trunk.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
its already got a wing on the back, so maybe some underbody lights and a method of making the engines buzzy
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]
And chrome engine accessories...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
It's already got the oversized coffee-can exhaust..

looks like they're doing it on the assembly line.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
hell, it's already got a big ass spoiler on the trunk.

I see they already have "HONDA" in big block letters on it.

Go ahead and stick a NOS sticker on it and a 5" exhaust pipe and BE DONE WITH IT!

Ben
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Needs a flame job, fake cell phone antenna, and mini-spinners on the wheels.

Laugh At Ricers Here
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]
That thing is nice looking though.  I can't really picture Honda screwing it up.  This'll probably put a dent into other jet manufacturers business.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
its already got a wing on the back, so maybe some underbody lights and a method of making the engines buzzy

You forgot the oversize tach on the dash.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Ass-backwards pilot's helmet.
Pilot seat that leans waaaay back and to the right.
Lots of rattling noises from the thumpin' bass.
More scoops that do nothing.
Funky decals, yo.
Pimp name on one side, ho name on the other.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ass-backwards pilot's helmet.
Pilot seat that leans waaaay back and to the right.
Lots of rattling noises from the thumpin' bass.
More scoops that do nothing.
Funky decals, yo.
Pimp name on one side, ho name on the other.

I bet some noveau-riche mega-millioned urban musician will do it , with a paint job to match his Hummer2.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Needs more chrome....some of those stupid reverse spinning wheel covers.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#12]
How about a big TYPE R  or VTEC sticker.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like a butt dart to me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This'll probably put a dent into other jet manufacturers business.

I spent 8 years working at the 2nd largest business jet mfg in the world (Raytheon Aircraft) and let me tell you, very few people took Honda seriously.  Most would laugh at the mention, or simply ignored the press.

I think I know who's going to get the last laugh.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I spent 8 years working at the 2nd largest business jet mfg in the world (Raytheon Aircraft) and let me tell you, very few people took Honda seriously.  Most would laugh at the mention, or simply ignored the press.

They've got something going for them if their gas turbine engines are comparatively as well built
as their piston driven ones.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Honda will eventually put Gulfstream out of business.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#18]
need to swap out them tires for 22's with spinners
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Its already got a spoiler of the sort...what else could you do just just some stickers.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They've got something going for them if their gas turbine engines are comparatively as well built

That's the thing.  Honda is not a car company, nor a motorcycle company, nor a ATV/powered equipment company.

Their core technology is the internal combustion engine.  They were the first to use stratified and ultra lean combustion technology in production cars as early as the mid 70s.  Remember the Accord and Civiv CVCCs?  That's what they were.

Why does Honda show no interest in NASCAR?  Because NASCAR engine technology is primitive.  Why does Honda compete heavily in Formula 1 and CART?  Because they learn a treasure trove of data about the basics of internal combustion engine performance under the most brutal conditions imaginable.

I will bet my left nut that ALL that Honda has learned about metallurgy, combustion control, manufacturing processes, and quality from F1 to lawnmowers has made its way into their aviation engines.

Honda will be a force to be reckoned with in the air before long.  And I will watch them do to the US GA industry what they did to the US auto industry.

Remember when people used to laugh at Japanese cars?  I tell you right now there are people laughing at that airplane.  But they will cry if they don't learn.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#22]
2FAST 2AIRWORTHY
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That's the thing.  Honda is not a car company, nor a motorcycle company, nor a ATV/powered equipment company.

Their core technology is the internal combustion engine.  They were the first to use stratified and ultra lean combustion technology in production cars as early as the mid 70s.  Remember the Accord and Civiv CVCCs?  That's what they were.

Why does Honda show no interest in NASCAR?  Because NASCAR engine technology is primitive.  Why does Honda compete heavily in Formula 1 and CART?  Because they learn a treasure trove of data about the basics of internal combustion engine performance under the most brutal conditions imaginable.

I will bet my left nut that ALL that Honda has learned about metallurgy, combustion control, manufacturing processes, and quality from F1 to lawnmowers has made its way into their aviation engines.

Honda will be a force to be reckoned with in the air before long.  And I will watch them do to the US GA industry what they did to the US auto industry.

Remember when people used to laugh at Japanese cars?  I tell you right now there are people laughing at that airplane.  But they will cry if they don't learn.

I'm driving an Acura now, last car was a Lexus.  When people ask me how I compare the vehicles my answer has been I'd love to put the Acura drive train in the Lexus.  Now I know why I feel that way.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I hope their engineers are smarter than their webmaster.  They mispelled Experimental on the picture.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BAR Honda.  Too bad Ford/Jaguar pulled out of F1.  Ford could probably learn a thing or two from pushing the envelope with 18k+ reving racing engines.  F1 is a hell of an expensive test bed though, but then so's a good war!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Honda HF118 Turbofan Engine

making all of its 75hp at 9,000rpm and its 12tq at 7500rpm!

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The Japanese develop technology faster than anyone else.  As far as Japanese aviation goes, remember the Mitsubishi ZERO?

I remember the same joke about their cars.  Do you know who is now laughing all the way to the bank?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The Japanese develop technology faster than anyone else.  As far as Japanese aviation goes, remember the Mitsubishi ZERO?

Hell with the Zero.  Remember the MU-2?

300 knot cruise and a total hotrod.  One of the first GA airplanes that I went "ga-ga" over.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/ext-2.jpg

300 knot cruise and a total hotrod.  One of the first GA airplanes that I went "ga-ga" over.

Not to mention the Mitsubishi DiamondJet, aka BeechJet 400A, aka Hawker 400XP
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like a Riced BD-5J.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/ext-2.jpg

And for the most part its a POS, and a widowmaker as well. Yes, its fast, loud, and cool, but its single engine performance is mediocre, and it has a habit of killing its pilots when an engine fails.

I know pilot error plays a part, but this aircraft is notorious.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Two words: Carbon Fiber.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top