Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/3/2004 3:11:36 AM EST

I drove down to the Orlando gun show yesterday in hopes of finding some good sunset deals () and I took my 14 year old sister with me, because she had nothing else to do that day and I offered to buy her lunch and take her to a movie afterwards if she went with me. She has only fired a gun once before - my Colt Officer's Model. She was unprepared for the recoil even though I warned her, and the weapon leapt up and hit her in the forehead, and afterwards she said she never wanted to shoot another gun again (this was several years ago).

Anyway, she had a good time at the gun show, and said she wants to go to more with me. She bought herself a little cheap folding knife, and asked lots of questions about everything on all the tables. I tried to explain as much as I could, and we had a pretty fun 90 minutes there. Afterwards, we went and saw Shaun of the Dead at the movie theatre (which was absolutely hilarious) but now she is scared of zombies, and we talked about how to take out zombies the whole way home from the theatre.

All in all, it was a good day.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:37:37 AM EST

and we talked about how to take out zombies the whole way home from the theatre.

AGNTSA.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:37:55 AM EST
Sounds like fun. Little sisters are great. Mine is 17 and we go shooting together and talk about politics all the time. It's amazing how much they look up to their big brothers.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:38:10 AM EST
There, I fixed the title for you: "I WON MY SISTER OVER FROM THE DARK SIDE YESTERDAY".

Glad you both had a good time.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:09:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By AvengeR15:

She was unprepared for the recoil even though I warned her, and the weapon leapt up and hit her in the forehead, and afterwards she said she never wanted to shoot another gun again

This is exactly why you should start a newbie off easy, with a .22LR
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:11:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By Offspring:
Sounds like fun. Little sisters are great. Mine is 17 and we go shooting together and talk about politics all the time. It's amazing how much they look up to their big brothers.

My "Lil' Sis" is 21, and she thinks I'm a dumbass
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:14:29 AM EST
My little sister is four. I doubt my mom will let her own guns, but I know she would let me teach her to shoot. Her dad (my step dad) thinks guns are evil. he would forbid it. So I guess mom can know when I take her shooting in another decade or so, and her dad will have to be told we went to a movie.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:20:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By BigJ491:

Originally Posted By Offspring:

My "Lil' Sis" is 21, and she thinks I'm a dumbass

I do too.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:34:25 AM EST

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

Originally Posted By AvengeR15:

She was unprepared for the recoil even though I warned her, and the weapon leapt up and hit her in the forehead, and afterwards she said she never wanted to shoot another gun again

This is exactly why you should start a newbie off easy, with a .22LR

I didn't own one at the time. She was too afraid to shoot the AR, even though I explained that there would be less felt recoil. She was only 9 or so.

Top Top