Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2002 4:10:58 PM EDT
You can tell me this..

Anybody know any good gunshops what will do firearm transfers for a decent price?

I live in Dundee, Oregon.. closer is better.

I called up Oles Gun Shop (only one in phone book).. buy wanted 55 bucks.. I said 55 bucks? and I replied with really? ok, well, i'm gonna look around and see if I can find someone else that's cheaper..

then the prick hung up on me!

I promptly called him back bitching at him that he just lost a potential customer(s), and it's VERY bad buisness to intentionally hang up on someone.

Guy was a prick!

I still need some gunshops name and numbers..

The mag is a 30 round refinished adventureline that has a cracked left feed lip (the one that cought on fire)...

You pay $3.50 shipping and she's yours!

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Give Col. Klink the mag, $12.50 is a great rate!!!  
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
thats should be close enough-Canby is only bout 35 minutes from Dundee (depending on how you drive of course)

Nick
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
if you need any cleaning supplies ie mop etc.  or ammo for the new gun you might want to buy them from the guy that does the ffl.   12.50 is cheap for all of uncle sam's paper trouble.
It's real hard being a small business owner.  Especially in the gun business these days.

You already knew all of that though.   It makes me sad to see long time gun related businesses go under because of paper work and lack of patronage.  Now you get some poor kid @ walmart who if your lucky got to shoot bb guns in the boy scouts.  I went all over town looking for Sierra 69 gr. match bullets and couldn't find them.   The reloading shop went under.  I had to buy them in Dallas while on a business trip.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#5]
try this [url]http://www.gunbroker.com/user/DealerNetwork.asp[/url]
I hope it helps.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#6]
The mag burned, has a cracked lip, and you want him to pay postage?  Give the kid the mag.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The mag burned, has a cracked lip, and you want him to pay postage?  Give the kid the mag.
View Quote

I agree, why even bother with a post like this if your giving away CRAP?? Give him a decent mag, he could of just saved you a lot of money...oh yea...throw in the postage you cheap SOB [:P]
View Quote

Actually, the mag has no damage to it, other than the cracked lip. It will still function.

Although I found a place closer, however 10 bucks more expensive (i'll be going to the closer one), I have no problem giving Colonel the mag!

Tell you what Colonel, my cheap ass will even split the postage with you! :-)
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Typical Oregonian. Give him what you promised, not some half-ass broken, shit!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Typical Oregonian.
View Quote

Them's fightin' words! [:)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Typical Oregonian. Give him what you promised, not some half-ass broken, shit!
View Quote

The mag is a 30 round refinished adventureline that has a cracked left feed lip (the one that cought on fire)...
View Quote

That is exactly what I promised him.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:I called up Oles Gun Shop (only one in phone book).. buy wanted 55 bucks.. I said 55 bucks? and I replied with really? ok, well, i'm gonna look around and see if I can find someone else that's cheaper..

then the prick hung up on me!

I promptly called him back bitching at him that he just lost a potential customer(s), and it's VERY bad buisness to intentionally hang up on someone.

Guy was a prick!

Thanks
View Quote

The gun shop I work gunshows for charges 10% of the guns value or $35, whichever is MORE.

As for the owner being a prick, maybe he had a counter full of customers & you're telling him "maybe" & "you'll shop around"? And you're mad because he didn't stroke you until you said "please"?

Puh-leeze.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top