Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/17/2005 6:57:02 PM EDT
Where the heck are we gonna go if AR15.com goes down????

I mean, servers go bad, things happen--we need a plan!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:58:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 6:59:07 PM EDT by BeetleBailey]
I will poop my pants

ETA and I have often wondered where we all will be in ten years, the site, the usual suspects here on the board. Do you reckon there will be a new run of scoundrels? Wil the youth of our tomorrow be as ascertive and no holds barred as we attempt to be?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:00:14 PM EDT
I'll just go to sleep early. Like when the power goes off.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:03:31 PM EDT
DU and/or McUZI.com ...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:04:01 PM EDT
Pie Universe
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:05:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BeetleBailey:
I will poop my pants

ETA and I have often wondered where we all will be in ten years, the site, the usual suspects here on the board. Do you reckon there will be a new run of scoundrels? Wil the youth of our tomorrow be as ascertive and no holds barred as we attempt to be?

Without stepping into a philosophical discussion vis a vis the youth of tomorrow and their potential attitudes (well, without much of one, anyway, as I feel compelled to suggest that they will be, by and large, much less likely to question authority--a BAD thing in my mind, should you so wonder,) I would posit that future youths are likely to look upon those of us posting on internet message boards of this type as some sort of curious and vaguely amusing old codgers, as technology evolves around us, and this medium will likley be replaced by something we would/will never feel comfortable with or recognize.

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:06:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:

Newbie, you've been here long enough to have lived through some downtimes.........
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:08:28 PM EDT
I really feel that I must say, for those of you who bother to read my posts here, but are unfamiliar with PB or with me as I posted there, that I have the sometimes annoying tendency to type as if I were talking, resulting in some quite Faulknerian sentences from time to time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:14:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:

Newbie, you've been here long enough to have lived through some downtimes.........

Not really---I have been registered here since October of 2003, true, but I have not posted much on this site, and can quite clearly be referred to as "newbie," by post count, as I have much less actual knowledge of this site than might be expected of one who has been registered here for nearly two years; I have normally seen outages of this site from the perspective of a PB regular who sees a bunch of ARFCOM regulars flock to PB, and was merely wondering, if a tad facetiously, where we were going to go if such an occurrence were to befall this site again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:15:53 PM EDT
used to go to PB, not anymore
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:19:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By zoe17:
used to go to PB, not anymore

Arrrr, that would be me point, matey! As I been a salty ole net-dawg down PB way for many a year, and were wonderin' what ye scurvy bast-eds'd be doin' if'n ye own ship were te run agrouwnd these days! Arrr!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:21:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2005 5:21:54 AM EDT by BeetleBailey]
I bet if we last long enough, some of us will turn into the elderly folks here like SgtAR15 and BeerSlayer

Top Top