Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:36:59 PM EDT
I was driving down I-380 last night going home and I saw this weird light around my car, I thought WTF is going on here? I looked around all I could see was a car behind me. My speed was 65 right the limit and the car behind me was not  police car with lights on. Then I looked up in the sky and saw the police helo spotting what I thought to be me, but when the car behind me passed the light followed him. Whew!!!! then I saw some fast moving headlights behind me sure enough a police cruiser turned on lights and sirens and pulled the car that passed me over. First time I have seen a helo in action kinda freaked me out. They should be a little more careful not to Freak my ass out!!!! How was your night?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
and you didnt flip them the bird?

no style points for you
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was driving down I-380 last night going home and I saw this weird light around my car, I thought WTF is going on here? I looked around all I could see was a car behind me. My speed was 65 right the limit and the car behind me was not  police car with lights on. Then I looked up in the sky and saw the police helo spotting what I thought to be me, but when the car behind me passed the light followed him. Whew!!!! then I saw some fast moving headlights behind me sure enough a police cruiser turned on lights and sirens and pulled the car that passed me over. First time I have seen a helo in action kinda freaked me out. They should be a little more careful not to Freak my ass out!!!! How was your night?

big city, huh?

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Poseur!  A real ARFCOMer would have drawn down and plugged the offending spotlight.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Should have drew down on the bird..
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you shoot at it?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
i get them over the house all the damn time.  sounds like friggin baghdad on busy nights.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Thought about giving the bird. If they did want me I did not want to make it worse!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I had who I think was the Wildlife Commission circling our hunting property the other day in one of their helos. Probably looking for corn in the duck ponds.

I was wondering who the hell it was but after checking them out through my rifle scope I couldn't see their markings Is that usually a bad idea ? It was a black helicopter no less

(That is a joke about the rifle scope by the way I used my binoculars )  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Was it a "black" helo?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#10]
It was the Cedar RapidsPolice Dept. They have the only helo in a Police department in Iowa. I also have an application in with them testing in January. So flipping the bird may be a bad idea. Unless they have a good sense of humor.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Give em some "pressed ham"....

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#12]
That's why I have.  "I guess pigs really do fly" spray painted on the roof of my truck.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Poseur!  A real ARFCOMer would have drawn down and plugged the offending spotlight.

drawn up
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#14]
My thoughts were with

Space...Aliens... of the strangest kind.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Did they ask to check your shopping bag?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#16]
That things bright, ain't it?  They don't call it the "Night Sun" for nothing.  I had one shine on me once or twice while standing in front of my house when I lived in Tucson.  It was a rough neighborhood...the ghetto bird was out over El Cortez Heights every single night.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#17]
That's why you should always carry a laser pointer with you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top