Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/24/2001 3:34:49 PM EDT
I was asked by a coworker today to seriously explain to him why I own guns and support CC and gun ownership. Well, after a few seconds of rifling through the dusty corners of my brain trying to dig up my most convincing argument that wasn't too "in your face" (he is not anti, he just really wanted to understand the issue), I realized that there was only one thing I could do tomake him understand: I reached into my pocket, pulled out my wallet, opened it, and showed him the most important reason in the world for owning these "evil" devices that he hears so much about: [img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/Ho/eo/6d/jD29640.jpg[/img] I think I seriously reaffirmed a lot of my own personal beliefs today. God help me and all of you if we are ever forced to have to defend what is ours. --Sorry for the sappiness [:I]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 3:36:27 PM EDT
The single best answer there is. Any response?
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 3:43:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KBaker: The single best answer there is. Any response?
View Quote
He supported my views and said, if given the chance, he would vote for CC should this state consider it. The important thing is: he said this after saying he himself would never carry and will probably never own a firearm at all. And that he would feel safer knowing that people like me WERE armed and there if he or his family was ever touched by violence. You don't know how much I respect him or how much I wish others would wake the hell up and look at this topic with a little reason instead of hysteria...
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 4:54:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 4:57:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 5:02:08 PM EDT
sniff. it's better than saying to "blow away pinko commies like you!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 6:07:13 PM EDT
You brought up a good point today, FMJ. Many anti-gun or anti-carry individuals will never see the catastrophe of their proposed actions until after the fact. Only when one of their own is taken as a victim will they see the light, but we can all do our part to make sure that it doesn't take an action like this to turn opinions around. Many times too often it's an unwanted action that changes people rather than civil discussion about the issue. [i]Quid Pro Quo[/i] - it's an unfortunate but sad truth. [brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 6:34:56 PM EDT
BRAVO
Top Top