Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2016 2:23:38 AM EDT
I have an SWD M11/NINE with many accessories that I would like to have refinished.  I would like the following parts refinished:

- M11/9 Lower, FCG Parts, and External Parts
- M11/9 Upper & Barrel
- M11/9 Bolt
- LAGE M11 Upper, Barrel, and Bolt
- LAGE M31 Upper, Barrel, and Bolt
- LAGE M11 .22LR Conversion Barrel Insert, Bolt, and handle
- LAGE Folding Stock (Metal & Plastic)
- LAGE Grip (Plastic)
- Shockwave 30 Round Magazines (6)
- Shockwave 50 Round Magazines (3)
- Suomi Drum Magazines (6)

I would like each part stripped from the firearm and coated appropriately to match.

In regards to the coating type, I was thinking about having it done via PVD (physical vapor deposition).  I am not looking for an extremely flashy looking gun with Rose, Bronze, or Gold colors.  Rather, I was looking at the Matte Black offerings I have seen and possibly a NIBX type of color?  I cannot decide if I want a two-tone look with full receivers, or all Matte Black with accented tones, or what?

Anyone have any suggestions on color schemes, coating types, and someone to do it?  Here is what the subgun looks like (dirty!):

Lower & Internals:

Max 31 upper configuration with Suomi drums (with new Lage grip)

Max 11 upper configuration (old grip style)

Here is an example of a NIBX color coating that someone did.

I like it, but wanted to possibly change it up some? I don't think the lines of the M11/9 Lower and Upper when meeting look good, as if the upper and lower were different colors.  Rather, there would have to be a different line scheme.  Possibly the top and side rail, the sites, safety, selector switch, bolt, barrel, and trigger could be matte black?  Or in opposite color?  Or something different?

I failed in Art class.  I cannot decorate anything if my life depended on it.  I don't want the machinegun to turn out to look like a rainbow bright weapon gone wrong, like this!

Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:33:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is one that I found that is kind of done the same way:

Here is an example of the "bad lines" between the lower and upper, whereas you cannot separate the colors:

Here is a Max 31 Cerakoted in a dark black.  It looks almost ... "Too black" :??

Here is more of a silver color, and I think this is TOO much.. I think it needs more gray.

Here is a woodland type:

Here is a RED colored one.  While I wouldn't do red, it is interesting to see how the side rail matches the lower, putting a separation:

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:49:39 AM EDT
[#2]
"Hey, look at my crotch!"
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:50:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Send it to Mark at Accurate Ordnance in GA. He turned my buddies SW760 into a gem.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:51:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Hey, look at my crotch!"
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:53:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Send it to Mark at Accurate Ordnance in GA. He turned my buddies SW760 into a gem.
View Quote

Thank you for the reference!  I will reach out to Mark and see what he thinks and if he has the ability to PVD coat vs. typical Cerakote.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top