Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2011 10:05:43 AM EDT
OK.. so I guess I need to break down and join the 21st century.

I want to make a simple FB page for my computer repair service.

i'm not on FB all that much- my 'profile' is pretty generic- I have anagrams for my name, and my picture is the generic FB silhouette avatar. I like my privacy and don't want to put any info out into the public arena that I don't have to.

I want something simple- mostly just the name to give me some local identity, and a contact ph #.

I don't want people to email me, because i only check my email about twice a week.

What type of page should I use that won't require friending 8000 mofo's I don't know??

Should I include a picture of my own adorable mug, or use some clip art??

I'd also like to see any FB pages for businesses that you like, or think are really well done.

any suggestions and ideas are welcome.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 10:06:25 AM EDT
Don't.

Use a .com webpage.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 10:09:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Danner130:

Don't.

Use a .com webpage.

Get both?  It is the ARFcom way, after all.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 10:09:11 AM EDT
We use it heavily at work, it will boost your Google Ad listing.

I think you have to make a certain type of account for businesses or FB will remove it.

It has helped our business.

AND I HATE F.B.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 10:09:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2011 10:10:07 AM EDT by youm0nt]
Make a Facebook page instead of a personal profile. That way people can click the "like" button instead of adding you as a friend, so no need to accept friend requests. You can make all kinds of pages whether its for a product or a business in your case.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 10:11:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2011 10:39:51 AM EDT by Deej86]
I just helped my mom create a FB fan page for a new business venture she is doing making wheelchair,walker, stroller, and cane bags.  

Her page has some photos of her different photos, and a link to a Google website my sister helped create.

http://www.facebook.com/KathysKomfyKrafts8

If you want a customized URL, you have to have 25 people "like" your business.  If you have 25 people on your Facebook, it should not be a problem.

Edit- Google has free website hosting, there are also templates you can use for the website.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 10:12:52 AM EDT
I JUST did this Monday. It really wasn't that hard. Do a facebook search for chiammaya and you'll find my page.

I just got a GREAT business tip for using facebook for getting customers in your store.

Facebook limits friends but not people following your business, so get the word out and get it spread.

I am in the chocolate business so getting people "in the door" is important.

Solicite " TASTE TESTERS" –– everyone wants to get in on that job! Then once a month or week or whatever, on your business page make a taste tester announcement that anyone coming in the next two days with the secret word that you put on the facebook page, gets a free piece of chocolate! Gets people in the store and sells MORE chocolate. It is a great way to exponentially multiply your fan base
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 11:51:46 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me the differences between a 'business or place' page and a 'company or .org' page?
Top Top