Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2002 12:52:04 AM EDT
So I can KILL THEM!

Thanks in advance. --BATMAN--
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 12:56:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree !!!!!!!!!  Try panicware.com     Works for me........
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:10:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I will give you your weapon of choice and all the ammo you willl need!...[frag]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:16:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe it was Al Gore.  It was just after he invented the internet.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:30:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Go here:

[url]http://www.smartin-designs.com[/url]

and do the trick with your hosts file.  Helps quite a bit.
Also stops some banner ads.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:32:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 5:49:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not surprised USPC40 beat me to it.

What surprises me is that it took 3 posts to name the perp. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 6:19:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Too late.  [s]I[/s] Someone I know already offed the guy 18 months ago.  It took 2 1/2 weeks for him to die.  [s]I've never seen anything like it[/s] I'm glad I didn't see it.  Unfortunately Pandora had already opened the damned box, and you'd now have to kill on the order of 100,000 people to get rid of popups.  You guys up for it?
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 6:23:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm  killing.............

Sgt(loadingmags)ar15
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Those pop-ups are bad, and those that came up with them deserve to die a painful death... BUT I want the son of a bitch that said "they're just closing the windows, so I propose we make a pop-up that looks like a windows program that will install shit whenever they click the OK or CLOSE window".

My parents are in their 60's and have  only had a computer for about a year. Every time I go over, I have to go to the computer and uninstall all kinds of crap that they unintentionally installed from these pop-ups. They can't keep a home page to save their lives.

This little puke must die slowly, by my hand.

Next is those little bastards with their viruses. People get on my computer and download and open stuff without even thinking. I'm lucky if I can go six months without having to wipe the system.

They're next, when I find the little scum suckers... [50]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#10]
x10.com is credited for making them popular - well, popular in a very twisted way. They had the first real campaign of pop up and pop under ads. Now everyone is doing it. It annoys the hell out of me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top