Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/20/2012 9:38:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 9:41:02 AM EST by JonnyVain]
- hard case
- 4 wheels
- extending handle

Point me in the right direction.

Something like this maybe, but more industrial looking and less "luggage" looking of possible:

The cheaper the better. It can be small, but needs to be wide enough that it will balance well when being pushed on all 4 wheels. And needs to be durable.

ETA: This would be great if it had 4 wheels:

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:48:38 AM EST
Pelican makes some, but they are pricey. I've got one of thier breifcase sized units and I use it for hauling my laptop and network testing gear around. Thing's built like a damn tank.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:51:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 9:51:22 AM EST by Bohr_Adam]
Starlight offers awheel option on most of their stuff, but it will also be just two wheels. Four wheels is considered a gimmick and pain in the ass in many circles - not the least of which due to the difficulty getting them to stay still.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:54:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:
Starlight offers awheel option on most of their stuff, but it will also be just two wheels. Four wheels is considered a gimmick and pain in the ass in many circles - not the least of which due to the difficulty getting them to stay still.

This is going to double as a tool. I will need to be able to push it around factory floors. My best bet might be to get the hard tool case and add two wheels.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:12:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 10:12:49 AM EST by JonnyVain]
This works. A little big and a little expensive. 2" shorter would be perfect: ETA: Actually doesn't look like it has a telescopic handle.

http://www.pelicancases.com/0340-p/0340.htm
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:17:36 AM EST
Originally Posted By JonnyVain:

Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

This is going to double as a tool. I will need to be able to push it around factory floors. My best bet might be to get the hard tool case and add two wheels.

Starlight would probably custom make it for you if you ask. It shouldn't be any hard for them than adding the wheels/bumper combination they do now.

For your purposes, you might be better off installing braking casters, though.
Top Top