Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/10/2007 8:43:02 PM EST
These pre-formed concrete "Lego" blocks (as my son calls em') are pretty popular around here. I don't know how expensive they are but there are enough of them around that they can't be too bad.

I think 4 layers of em' would just about do, don't you agree? Imagine the possibilities! You could place them to channel the undead into a kill zone to thin em' out with your .22 or you could space two rows of blocks just right then run a D9 through it. Being reasonably immune to fire has it's own advantages, too.

When I start my Arfcom Great Lakes command center our base WILL have these!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:44:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By JellyBelly:
These pre-formed concrete "Lego" blocks (as my son calls em') are pretty popular around here. I don't know how expensive they are but there are enough of them around that they can't be too bad.
i147.photobucket.com/albums/r288/Canonista/ZombieWall.jpg

I think 4 layers of em' would just about do, don't you agree? Imagine the possibilities! You could place them to channel the undead into a kill zone to thin em' out with your .22 or you could space two rows of blocks just right then run a D9 through it. Being reasonably immune to fire has it's own advantages, too.

Don't half ass it, build a fucking castle (above a bunker). I wouldnt be too thrilled about just stacking them. Mortar is a plus.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:46:46 PM EST
Why not make a mold of your own and use that to fortify against the undead? Might be a bit cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:55:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By 70satvert:

i147.photobucket.com/albums/r288/Canonista/ZombieWall.jpg

Don't half ass it, build a fucking castle (above a bunker). I wouldnt be too thrilled about just stacking them. Mortar is a plus.

The idea is that it makes any home a fortress. You don't have to have a specialized building. Any of the hastily thrown together "particle board and Tyvex" McMansions of the 90's with low windows and weak doors can be made safer from the undead.

Castles are nice but I prefer ranch style homes. That's what I'd be defending.

This can be thrown in place in a couple days, too, if needed. You don't need castle walls. You don't even need walls higher than the zombies. You only need to make it high enough that they can't fall over them. It doesn't matter if they can see you over the wall if they can't break it down. Being able to get a shot at their heads has advantages, too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:56:29 PM EST
Looks like it would work fairly well.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:57:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By DD977GM2:
Why not make a mold of your own and use that to fortify against the undead? Might be a bit cheaper.

I never thought about making my own mould. What would I use for concrete and where would I keep it?

I'm totally ignorant on cement stuff. Can it be made from what's in the ground on most people's property?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:03:56 PM EST
Just take over a prison.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:04:10 PM EST
Is that in Goodrich?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:07:42 PM EST
I would say, get some rebar, quickrete , 2x4s, plywood and create the mold the way you want. I wouldnt go tooo big since you would have to move it on your own, unless you have a backhoe or forklift. When you create the mold, use screws instead of nails so you can unscrew it to get your final product out and reuse the mold. The rebar should be placed both vertical and horizontal.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:08:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By Tony7189:
Just take over a prison.

No! Too many people to kill to take it over. I don't mind "shortening the senteces" of the guests, but I don't want to have to hurt the guards.

I do admit that the cell doors could be welded together outside to make excellent obstacles for the zombies.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:10:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By shop_rat45:
Is that in Goodrich?

Bath, MI.

Check out my thread in the Michigan forum.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:10:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By Tony7189:
Just take over a prison.

No! Too many people to kill to take it over. I don't mind "shortening the senteces" of the guests, but I don't want to have to hurt the guards.

I do admit that the cell doors could be welded together outside to make excellent obstacles for the zombies.
Do you honestly think there will still be guards or for that fact cons in the prison by the time you get there. I'm betting not. The guards would all beat feet to get to their families. And hopefully the last one would open the cells so you wouldn't have to dispatch the prisoners.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:12:55 PM EST
My zombie survival compound will be surrounded by highway sound barriers.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:13:45 PM EST
Wow, those things are sweet!

I used to love legos... and I fuckin hate zombies!

good match I think...
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:14:08 PM EST
Looks like it wouldn't be able to take much in the way of pushing to topple though. Any bracing or reinforcing?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:22:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By 103:
Looks like it wouldn't be able to take much in the way of pushing to topple though. Any bracing or reinforcing?

Their weight is good reinforcement. Each block is solid concrete and weighs several hundred pounds, if not over 1000lbs. They aren't moving. A car hitting them at highway speeds would make em' lean a bit, but they don't fall over.
Top Top