Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2012 5:41:31 AM EDT
Should i be?

What happened is our trash company has not picked up in two weeks now, i called last week and the message on their answering machine said their trucks where vandalized and they are having to get them fixed, That was last Thursday.  Tuesdays are pickup days and they did not pickup yesterday, tried calling again and no message or answer.

So with a family of 4, and we are moving this Friday, our trash is getting deep out by the curb.

At least if their trucks where still broke down, they could hire out another company to collect for them

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:44:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't it up to your city or county to go after them or make an emergency contract with another company?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:44:21 AM EDT
[#2]
White people problems

yes, im white
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:49:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Isn't it up to your city or county to go after them or make an emergency contract with another company?

We have private trash pick up out here.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:56:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you getting a prorated bill for the trash pickup or lack thereof?

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:00:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol what?

OP, can you just send them a letter canceling and see if another company will come pick up trash twice? May cost a bit more, but less of a headache. It seems like I remember one of the companies here went out of business with no notice. It was quite the fiasco.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:01:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Take it to the transfer station yourself, and demand a rebate or reduction from your trash company.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:02:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Looks lie someone likes them some big .gov.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#8]

What to do? What to do?

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:06:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Should i be?

What happened is our trash company has not picked up in two weeks now, i called last week and the message on their answering machine said their trucks where vandalized and they are having to get them fixed, That was last Thursday.  Tuesdays are pickup days and they did not pickup yesterday, tried calling again and no message or answer.

So with a family of 4, and we are moving this Friday, our trash is getting deep out by the curb.

At least if their trucks where still broke down, they could hire out another company to collect for them

Maybe their trucks were vandalized and they're having to get them fixed?

The wife and I have mulled over the idea of starting a trash service. I hope I'd have customers that didn't expect me to go buy a new truck if their garbage was a week late for pickup - but at the same time, if I was the trash company, I'd be scrambling for some way to pick up some trash.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:07:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What to do? What to do?

i am thinking this in the backyard

I live just outside the city limits
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why? Although the pick up days will have changed for the month, isn't the same amount of trash collected?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:11:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should i be?

The wife and I have mulled over the idea of starting a trash service. I hope I'd have customers that didn't expect me to go buy a new truck if their garbage was a week late for pickup - but at the same time, if I was the trash company, I'd be scrambling for some way to pick up some trash.

I am not saying that they should buy a new truck. I am a business man and realize that sometimes shit just happens.

But.. They could be handling it a little better. There are at least 4 trash services that service my subdivision and i am sure they have room to pick up a few extras for a price.

I do not want to go through the hassle of switching services because i am moving in two days 300 miles away.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:30:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should i be?

I am not saying that they should buy a new truck. I am a business man and realize that sometimes shit just happens.

But.. They could be handling it a little better. There are at least 4 trash services that service my subdivision and i am sure they have room to pick up a few extras for a price.

I do not want to go through the hassle of switching services because i am moving in two days 300 miles away.

If I was the guy with the vandalized trucks, I'd be cutting a deal with my competitor to help me out - for a price, I'm sure.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:31:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. That's absolutely it. You're a fucking genius.

It just seemed to be the way it worked in the towns I lived in. It's not a political statement or an opinion on how things should be done, sheesh. If he personally has a contract with the company then he should handle it, if it's his HOA, then they should.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#15]
They came and picked it up today so I was just upset over nothing
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

On the contrary.

Now you can get upset with them for not respecting the 4th of July holiday.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the contrary.

This. If you are not pissed OP its because you're not trying hard enough.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a lot of areas ... Local governments contract out garbage service. Be it county or city!
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the contrary.

This. If you are not pissed OP its because you're not trying hard enough.

And he has the nerve to call himself an Arfcommer!!

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should i be?

Out of the other trash companies, when the first one comes through your neighborhood, stop the driver and hand him a $20.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why? Although the pick up days will have changed for the month, isn't the same amount of trash collected?

Except now his cans are full and smelly because they weren't picked up on the schedule he pays for.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top