Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 11:32:53 PM EDT
Heres what he says lately:

Lately, I’ve been shoveling through literally truckloads of reader queries along the lines of “OK, Hack, you spent most of the past two years griping, so what’s your solution?” It’s a question that needs an answer. So.........here’s what I would do:

[He then goes through a list of some big changes, but here's what really gets me:]

* Fire National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice and replace her with retired Gens. Wes Clark or John Sheehan.

Weasely Clark?!?!?!  The fvck tard who posed for the cover playFAGgirl magazine!!  The "I'll say anything to be president" guy.  The guy who bombed civilains in the Balkans for klinton!?!?  Oh man, baaaaaad choice.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]
THIS Wesley Clark?  

I don't think so.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
But I do agree Condi should have been fired. On 9/12.

She was National Security Advisor, we obviously were not secure.

Terminated. Pink Slip. Unemployed.

And I love me some Condi....but..... National Security? Its all about job performance.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:17:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And I love me some Condi....but..... National Security? Its all about job performance.

She's sharp, but she's all about Russia and the Cold War.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:29:03 AM EDT
[#6]
His articles aren't in SOF any longer, Oliver North has replaced him there.
M
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:54:00 AM EDT
[#7]
He is a loud mouth. IMO he says whatever jives with the current popular opinion and changes his mind about issues as often as John the ass plumber Kerry.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:19:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yes

We need results not public relations.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:24:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

We need results not public relations.

Then we need to fire GW, too. Only fair.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:07:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Hackworth never commanded or, as far as I can tell, worked in the military above the tactical level.  To him, everything has a simple answer as things normally do at the tactical level.  He attmepts to extrapolate his expertise at the tactical level to the operational, strategic, and even policy levels.  While there is nothing wrong with doing this, you have to remember what his qualifications are and they are not at the higher levels of command, staff, and policy work.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:44:46 AM EDT
[#11]
It seemed to me that he was always shouting "tarpit, quagmire" during the invasion. I emailed him some of my thoughts about saying that our troops were walking into certain death for not having proper equipment and scaring the crap out of the families. I also asked him if getting passed over for the star ruined his life, since he attacks our military almost non-stop. I also told him I considered him a pinko and he makes his living off our dead(or spreading fear and discontent). He didn't like it. He said he is not about that. I refused to apologize. His career is dwindling to just a few rants. Good riddance. They should have a claymation of O. North kicking his ass. He can use savage's "enemy within" as a  club,lol. Oh, the other side always has a better idea. They just want to be in charge, not help this country solve it's objectives. That's why they have a plan. hack is just another "plan" person, seeking attention.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:50:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't cross the street to piss on the man if he was on fire. I WOULD try to find some marshmallows to roast. He's one of the few human beings who I would hold a party for their death.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:05:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:17:39 AM EDT
[#14]
He's been insane for at least 3 or 4 years.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:26:57 AM EDT
[#15]
RE: Wesley Clark... well, not EVERY retired General can be as classy as Stormin Norman Schwarzkopf, or Tommy Franks

RE: Hack... hmmm... I've enjoyed reading his work over the years (His book, "The Price of Honor" was excellent!).  He has something the average journalist doesn't have.  Perspective.

However, I may have to tend to agree with the previous poster who wrote that he believes Hack is setting himself up for a Dem win.  Life is a lot like chess.  Have to think ahead.

But like chess, you can push a bad position in life, too.  You'd think he'd have learned that by now
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It seemed to me that he was always shouting "tarpit, quagmire" during the invasion. I emailed him some of my thoughts about saying that our troops were walking into certain death for not having proper equipment and scaring the crap out of the families. I also asked him if getting passed over for the star ruined his life, since he attacks our military almost non-stop. I also told him I considered him a pinko and he makes his living off our dead(or spreading fear and discontent). He didn't like it. He said he is not about that. I refused to apologize. His career is dwindling to just a few rants. Good riddance. They should have a claymation of O. North kicking his ass. He can use savage's "enemy within" as a  club,lol. Oh, the other side always has a better idea. They just want to be in charge, not help this country solve it's objectives. That's why they have a plan. hack is just another "plan" person, seeking attention.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:38:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

RE: Hack... hmmm... I've enjoyed reading his work over the years (His book, "The Price of Honor" was excellent!).  He has something the average journalist doesn't have.  Perspective an axe to grind

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:40:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RE: Hack... hmmm... I've enjoyed reading his work over the years (His book, "The Price of Honor" was excellent!).  He has something the average journalist doesn't have.  Perspective an axe to grind

Fixed it for you.

Thanks for the back-up dport
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
THIS Wesley Clark?  

www.advocate.com/images/covers/A907x300.gif

I don't think so.

Holy crap!  That's real (judging from the URL).  At first, I assumed it was like one of those "soldier of surrender" parodies.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:16:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Other than reading "Steel my soldiers' hearts", I know nothing of the man.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:34:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I've read About Face, Steel My Soldiers' Herats, and The Price of Honor.

My perception of Hack is that he built his reputation criticizing the upper level brass (and deservedly so), but he can't get off that horse.  He is stuck in this "The Pentagon can't do anything right" rant.  All he can do is criticize, because he has to live up to his own image of himself.

Wes Clark?  The guy is exactly the kind of officer Hack has always hammered.  This is getting confused.

I remember reading about Clark ordering a unit of Brits to take an airport in Bosnia away from the Russians who occupied it.  The Brit commander had the sand to tell him, "No, I'm not starting World War III for you."  Also, IIRC, Clark commanded Ft Hood and supplied armor for the assault on the Davidians in Waco.  Don't they teach about Posse Commitatus in West Point?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:44:38 AM EDT
[#22]
He use to have some good write ups. I believe some sort of senility has set in and he pulls whatever he writes, out of the clear blue sky. He had some decent commentaries about  soldier welfare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top