Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 6:17:57 PM EDT
After all the talk on here, I finally went to CBS.com and watched the entire series of Jericho over my weekend.  If you haven't seen it, please do.  I am amazed...how did this show manage to get on the air in the first place now days?  And does anyone else really feel that it was discontinued not because of the ratings, but possibly because the powers that be don't like such a show getting a lot of interest from the masses?  I mean, it sends a messege more conservative than Glenn Beck, and louder and more popular to a bigger audience.  I try to generally shy away from the tinfoil section, but...I think I understand after watching that show from beginning to end.  Dear leader can't have something like that on the airways.  Who else thinks the guys who cancelled it should get their mancards revoked, permanently?  I was also amazed at the firearms handling displayed for a TV show.  I saw far better trigger discipline than I normally see coming out of hollywood.  

-Ben
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
agreed, the end was the beginning of the ((( SECOND AMERICAN REVOLUTION )))  , lets not give the people any ideas...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I really liked it too.

How about the rifles with the ring bases and no optics or sights?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#3]
First season brought in poor ratings. The 'Nuts' drive to CBS made them okay season 2, but the gap between 1 and 2 seemed to lose alot of viewers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
too late.

there are enough people in this country to do what is necessary to take it back.

they are just waiting for the spark.

we don't need a TV show or a radio personality to tell us how to do it or who to blame, we just aren't pissed off enough, (yet).

but they can keep pushing, and we will let them, just as long as we feel like it.

after that there won't be a safe place in the whole USA to hide. (whomever they may be)
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#5]
That show rocked. Its a shame it isnt on anymore but I see where your comming from.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That show rocked. Its a shame it isnt on anymore but I see where your comming from.

I actually just got off the phone with an old FISTer buddy of mine, and he is watching them online now.  It seems we all 13F brothers think alike even years later.

-Ben
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#7]
my wife watched it tonight on some channel here in Atlanta. I'll check the guide to find out when it comes on...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Now to find Season 2 without the GD commentary over everything.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#9]
They have season 2 on megavideo.

-Ben
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

-Ben

I just went there, I can't seem to find more than episode 4  
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I really liked it too.

How about the rifles with the ring bases and no optics or sights?

thats a time honored TV tradtion from Walker Texas ranger
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Jericho is also available for instant viewing on Netflix.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#13]
It will be on again as a documentary.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
After all the talk on here, I finally went to CBS.com and watched the entire series of Jericho over my weekend.  If you haven't seen it, please do.  I am amazed...how did this show manage to get on the air in the first place now days?  And does anyone else really feel that it was discontinued not because of the ratings, but possibly because the powers that be don't like such a show getting a lot of interest from the masses?  I mean, it sends a messege more conservative than Glenn Beck, and louder and more popular to a bigger audience.  I try to generally shy away from the tinfoil section, but...I think I understand after watching that show from beginning to end.  Dear leader can't have something like that on the airways.  Who else thinks the guys who cancelled it should get their mancards revoked, permanently?  I was also amazed at the firearms handling displayed for a TV show.  I saw far better trigger discipline than I normally see coming out of hollywood.  

-Ben

ok,

1). jericho first aired in sept of 06.
2). 11 episodes and then a hiatus.
3). 11 more episodes with still low numbers.
4). may 16th 2007, jericho declared dead.
5). sites like jerichorallypoint.com, etc, started and campaign by shelling with peanuts started.
6). june 6, 2007, nina tassler gave decision to renew jericho for 7 episodes with ultimatum that to continue jericho past season 2, the ratings had to be higher. season 1 started with 12 million and dropped to 9 million with season 2 average of 6.5 million. granted that these numbers only represented nielsen families.
7). jericho was canceled once again after the airing of season 2 as a result of low ratings even though cbs had at least this show running new episodes while other networks were running re-runs. having s2 running new episodes was also another reason that jericho was renewed.

now, having stated all that, the idea of the government had any influence of jericho being canceled is all tin foil paranoia. if anything, a lot of people that watch t.v. want t.v. that is simple. jericho made people think about something that could be a reality. i mean really, who wants to come home after a hard days work and watch something that makes you think about how you were going to survive in a post apocalyptic world when you could be watching who the next american idol was going to be?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Ben

ok,

1). jericho first aired in sept of 06.
2). 11 episodes and then a hiatus.
3). 11 more episodes with still low numbers.
4). may 16th 2007, jericho declared dead.
5). sites like jerichorallypoint.com, etc, started and campaign by shelling with peanuts started.
6). june 6, 2007, nina tassler gave decision to renew jericho for 7 episodes with ultimatum that to continue jericho past season 2, the ratings had to be higher. season 1 started with 12 million and dropped to 9 million with season 2 average of 6.5 million. granted that these numbers only represented nielsen families.
7). jericho was canceled once again after the airing of season 2 as a result of low ratings even though cbs had at least this show running new episodes while other networks were running re-runs. having s2 running new episodes was also another reason that jericho was renewed.

now, having stated all that, the idea of the government had any influence of jericho being canceled is all tin foil paranoia. if anything, a lot of people that watch t.v. want t.v. that is simple. jericho made people think about something that could be a reality. i mean really, who wants to come home after a hard days work and watch something that makes you think about how you were going to survive in a post apocalyptic world when you could be watching who the next american idol was going to be?

I'd rather watch about surviving an apocolypse than watching about how "sexting", "assault weapons", video games and other trendy topics will lead us to be killed by random psychos on CSI whatever.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Ben

I just went there, I can't seem to find more than episode 4  

I think season 2 only has 4... nevermind it has 7.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
too late.

there are enough people in this country to do what is necessary to take it back.

they are just waiting for the spark.

we don't need a TV show or a radio personality to tell us how to do it or who to blame, we just aren't pissed off enough, (yet).

but they can keep pushing, and we will let them, just as long as we feel like it.

after that there won't be a safe place in the whole USA to hide. (whomever they may be)

By that time they're gonna push you into some RFID.

Err.. wut
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not worried about this country.  It will never go too far.  Who's going to enforce legislation or policy when the government goes too far?  Almose everyone I've met in the military thinks alike.  You'd have trouble finding an officer or NCO willing to shoot American Citizens no matter who gave the order.  I like the show Jericho but I don't see it playing out like that.

CMS
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top