Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2007 7:35:27 PM EDT
Getting my concealed handgun license was always on my "to do" list.  An encounter last week with a neighborhood kid who flashed a gun at me (he was arrested later that day for unlawful carry, and resisting search/arrest) put it higher on the list.

As an added bonus, the encounter with the kid got my wife MUCH more interested ni firearms and shooting.  She wants a pink pimped-out Glock with "Hello kitty" stickers all over it, but that's a different thread.

There were 3 of us in the class, the teacher wound up carring NINE handguns on his person into class.  He was very knowledgable, a good teacher, and a nice guy to boot.

I got 250 out of 250 on the shooting test, my wife got 246/250.  You have to be a BAD marksman to fail it, IMHO.  Got 80% on the written.  Now all I have to do is get some paperwork relating to a 1990 shoplifting arrest(I was a stoopid kid, sorry...) from Iowa, and my application will be in the mail.

Carry on!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:32:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

As an added bonus, the encounter with the kid got my wife MUCH more interested ni firearms and shooting.  She wants a pink pimped-out Glock with "Hello kitty" stickers all over it, but that's a different thread.

Somehow I feel that's appropriate with a Glock.................    
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Was your teacher Mr. T. Estep? I took my class from him back in 04, great guy!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:42:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Getting my concealed handgun license was always on my "to do" list.  An encounter last week with a neighborhood kid who flashed a gun at me (he was arrested later that day for unlawful carry, and resisting search/arrest) put it higher on the list.

There were 3 of us in the class, the teacher wound up carring NINE handguns on his person into class.  He was very knowledgable, a good teacher, and a nice guy to boot.

I got 250 out of 250 on the shooting test, my wife got 246/250.  You have to be a BAD marksman to fail it, IMHO.  Got 80% on the written.  Now all I have to do is get some paperwork relating to a 1990 shoplifting arrest(I was a stoopid kid, sorry...) from Iowa, and my application will be in the mail.

Carry on!

You have to take a class?

Poor bastard

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top