Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/20/2004 4:18:37 PM EST

I don't give a rats ass what skerry says about AWs.............. they make great hunting rifles

A few stats: 242 pounds

NH Black Bear

Sixth Largest Female Bear taken in NH

One shot to the back of the head no exit wound.........

AKASL
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:22:28 PM EST
What did you use for ammo? Did you bait it?

Fucking Awesome!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:22:42 PM EST
Impossible. Theresa Heinz thinks you are a scumbag. You cannot use an evil assault weapon
for hunting. They have no sporting purpose. LOL

Nice job....now give us some details.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:22:57 PM EST
Sorry, no detachable mag...I don't see a bayonet...you have a sporting rifle.

Nice bear though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:23:45 PM EST
What? You took an AW hunting and all you got was a bear and a black face?

Seriously, nice job.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:25:25 PM EST
Sweet

Get the head mounted, save the claws, and the hide tanned.

I have only ate bear once and it was a bit strong. But I would dress her out and cook her up.

You bagged a nice bear, I would post it in the hunting forum too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:29:00 PM EST
Good hunting!!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:29:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By JCKnife:
Sorry, no detachable mag...I don't see a bayonet...you have a sporting rifle.

Nice bear though.

Look close and you will see my hand is covering the pistol grip I added. As for the bayonet I removed it to save a little weight

AKASL
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:29:42 PM EST
You can't do that with an SKS!!!!

Its a sissy round......

Now I have a good arguement for taking my SKS rifle camping.

Stats on the shot, range, etc?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:35:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By AnubisOwnsYou:
You can't do that with an SKS!!!!

Its a sissy round......

Now I have a good arguement for taking my SKS rifle camping.

Stats on the shot, range, etc?

Cartridge: 7.62x39 Chinese soft point

Distance: 50 FEET!!!

One shot to the head and one more to finish it off which was point blank.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:37:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By C-4:
What did you use for ammo? Did you bait it?

Fucking Awesome!

Thanks but no bait involved. I managed to sneak up on this one.

AKASL
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:38:51 PM EST
Nice Bear. Make a nice rug. My Cousin shot a moose with an SKS when he was in Alaska in the Airforce
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:39:13 PM EST
Cool...I knew there was a reason I bought that Chinese and Romanian soft point ammo years ago! That's a nice bear that you took, congratulations!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:41:23 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:42:02 PM EST
Good shootin!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:42:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 5:09:02 PM EST by BlammO]
Good going! Congratulations!

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:43:05 PM EST
Congrats nice coat man that is a good looking bear.You guys use dogs back there?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:44:48 PM EST
My guess is that bear just saw your AW and dropped dead out of fear (liberal bear is my thought)

Didn't you say no exit wound? It most liklely poked it's self with a twig and thought it was shot.

Typical liberal bear

GM
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:47:50 PM EST
Gonna eat the bear?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:49:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By Zippy_The_Wonderdog:
Gonna eat the bear?

Yup ............... and it taste like bear

AKASL
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:50:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By AKASL:

Um...which one of you closed the distance after the head shot?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:51:59 PM EST
Ya sure the first shot wasn't at point blank as well????
Was this one of those hunts where the bear was inside a cage and you walked up and shot it point blank????........Hey, are you going to eat that bear?.......
Did you feel as though your life was in danger and you had to kill the bear for self defense?.....
Do you feel like a man now that you have slaughtered an innocent bear?.......

Just Curious.....

GhostCat
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:53:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By JCKnife:

Originally Posted By AKASL:

Um...which one of you closed the distance after the head shot?

We both did! I shot it from the base of a small hill and it rolled down after the shot. I ran up to where it had wrapped itself around a tree and finished her off.

AKASL
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:55:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By GhostCat:
Was this one of those hunts where the bear was inside a cage and you walked up and shot it point blank????........Hey, are you going to eat that bear?.......
Did you feel as though your life was in danger and you had to kill the bear for self defense?.....

Just Curious.....

GhostCat

Hey GhostCat ........ are you a member of PETA by any chance???

AKASL
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:56:57 PM EST
You could cut his pecker and sack off and trade it to the chinese for more ammo. Probably 500.00 or so. I dont know what they are paying for bear dicks these days. Oh thats right you said it was a female.

Nice bear!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:57:03 PM EST
Nice bear.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:57:32 PM EST
Why did you cover up your face??
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:59:41 PM EST
you can't hunt with an assault weapon. If you shoot a deer with an AK47, the deer will just blow-up.

<­BR>
nice shot
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:59:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By repub18:
Why did you cover up your face??

Because the bear looks cuter than me

AKASL
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:02:04 PM EST
A real man would've ran that bear through with the spike bayonet of an un-neutered SKS while humming 'Trooper' from Iron Maiden!!!!!!!!

"You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back.....

Just kidding ya - nice take, congrats!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:07:09 PM EST

Thats a negative........Just an animal lover, thats all......

Don't get me wrong, I have killed my share of deer......and I ate them.....and the population of deer is out of control.......
Bear, on the other hand, are few and far between.....They need to be protected, not killed as a trophy.
Plus I used to work at a ZOO where I cared for Bears, Big CATS, Reptiles, etc...etc...
I guess I'm kinda partial to'em....

In conclusion......After I've said all of that........You can take your SKS and stick it up your ass....and I hope it goes off....

GhostCat
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:08:24 PM EST

Don't get me wrong, I have killed my share of deer......and I ate them.....and the population of deer is out of control.......
Bear, on the other hand, are few and far between.....They need to be protected, not killed as a trophy.
Plus I used to work at a ZOO where I cared for Bears, Big CATS, Reptiles, etc...etc...

In conclusion......After I've said all of that........You can take your SKS and stick it up your ass....and I hope it goes off....

GhostCat
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:09:43 PM EST

GhostCat

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:10:20 PM EST

Just Curious.....

GhostCat

??
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:10:42 PM EST

GhostCat
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:10:55 PM EST
I hope nobody ever tells me to stick an SKS up my ass. That was too harsh, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:14:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 5:14:34 PM EST by MisterFloppy]

GhostCat

You know, I bet he will actually do that, you know, because he cares so much about your opinion.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:14:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 5:17:12 PM EST by mjrowley]

GhostCat

How many times are you going to post this?

You are up to your third post now.

To bad that you don't understand that he had, and has.
Every much as a right to hunt bears and big cats, as you do posting your crap.

Go back to DU and play with your little friends.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:16:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 5:16:22 PM EST by Wolfpack]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:17:19 PM EST
What happened to your face? Did the bear scratch it up in it's dying moments?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:17:47 PM EST

GhostCat

Spoken like a true wussy. Its a SPORT. Get over it. If there were so few of them we wouldnt be allowed to hunt them. I bet you only like the cute ones. You a rope sucker?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:18:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 5:21:14 PM EST by HKgnnr]
C'mon Ghostcat - AKSAL is from the northeast, black bear populations are both monitored by state DEC and 'plentiful' - particularly in NH, estimated at about 5,300 this year.

Per the New Hampshire Wildlife Management (from 2001 data):

"According to Kip Adams, bear project leader for New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, more than 4,000 black bears roam the state. Research indicates bear populations are increasing 2 percent annually..."

"...According to the state, this year's management plan calls for regional bear densities of 0.6 bears per square mile in the North Region, 0.7 bears per square mile in the White Mountains Region, 0.3 bears per square mile in the Central and Southwest Regions, and very low densities in the Southeast Region"

So the population keeps growing, even though the number of bear hunters has doubled in the past decade. Not trying to 'flame' you, but I think we all know, just like deer, left unchecked the population will continue to grow.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:19:39 PM EST

Just Curious.....

GhostCat

oh boy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:19:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 5:28:48 PM EST by 95thFoot]

GhostCat

Besides making personal insults which should get you thrown out out of here on your cybernetic ass (read: B-A-N-N-E-D), you don't know what you're talking about.

Black bear are very common in New England, to the point of becoming pests, who invade people's bird feeders, cars, and houses, when people are home, to get food. Deer we have so many of, they are starving and getting sickly.

AKASL did nature a favor today.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:21:10 PM EST

GhostCat

wtf is your problem?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:29:28 PM EST

GhostCat

What an asshole.

I guess your hand hits the "submit" button every time you stroke your clit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:30:45 PM EST
Just what the world needs.....another DU

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:30:56 PM EST

Originally posted by Ghostcat

Hey you're at the top of the food chain........get over it! It's a bear! .........Are you shure you're on the right forum.............I'm a member of PETA....PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS.......The only rights I give to animals is the right to garlic and butter...................
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:31:32 PM EST
You got some shit on your face!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:34:35 PM EST
'In conclusion......After I've said all of that........You can take your SKS and stick it up your ass....and I hope it goes off....'

Everything up to that statement was quite kosher, as they say. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

But, the above statement was out of line, IMHO. Politeness counts, people. Intolerance=bigotry.

That is all.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:35:54 PM EST

GhostCat

They ve got alot more bears up there then we have
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top