Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/24/2002 5:07:51 PM EST
got a letter from the landlord saying i had to take down my flags, which are inside the window of my apartment. one is a regular us flag and the other a culpepper flag. wasn't there something passed recently that allowed us flag display in apartment complexes? any references (links) appreciated, i go to battle these morons tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:12:18 PM EST
I'm a landlord. I'd NEVER tell one of my tenants to remove an American flag. Your landlord must have his head up his ass
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:21:46 PM EST
He lives in Commiefornistan.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:24:19 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:28:26 PM EST
Simple tell him to contact your lawyer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:40:37 PM EST
Hey , I've got an idea. How about you call the ACLU bunch of ASSHOLES and get them involved ? This way we could use some of the LIBERAL'S money against them as well as tieing up ACLU resources !
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:46:17 PM EST
Tell him to KISS YOUR ASS!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:52:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2002 5:53:59 PM EST by M4_Aiming_at_U]
Lanlord- " I thought I told you to take them flags down boy" Tenant- "Flags? Sir those are just red white and blue curtains,we are alowed to have curtains in our window,right?" Then tell his POS ass to go kill himself! THIS IS THE USA We can put up any damn flag we want to!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:11:27 PM EST
I'll be! I have been running this line through my head for the last month and now I finally get to use it properly. Remember eddie Murphy as Mr. Robinson on SNL? "Kill my landlord" [:D]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:19:34 PM EST
"C-I-L-L my landlord"
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:53:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U: Lanlord- " I thought I told you to take them flags down boy" Tenant- "Flags? Sir those are just red white and blue curtains,we are alowed to have curtains in our window,right?" Then tell his POS ass to go kill himself THIS IS THE USA We can put up any damn flag we want to!
View Quote
Depends on the lease that was signed. Does it have a clause forbidding flags? Does it have a clause forbidding the display of "controversial" items? Scott
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:33:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By 455SD: "C-I-L-L my landlord"
View Quote
LMAO Dark and lonely on a summer night Cill my landlord, Cill my landlord The watchdog's barking, do he bite? Cill my landlord, Cill my landlord Slip into his window, break his neck Then his house I start to wreck Got no reason What the heck? Cill my landlord, Cill my landlord C-I-L-L my landlord -Tyrone Green
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:35:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By DScottHewitt: Depends on the lease that was signed. Does it have a clause forbidding flags? Does it have a clause forbidding the display of "controversial" items? Scott
View Quote
I know what you're saying Scott, but that the fact that the US flag can be deemed a controversial item is just plain sad. I think if he had the inclination to fight it he could win.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:40:29 PM EST
If this was me I would take down the American flag and wrap it around a baseball bat and beat some good ole American sense into said asshole. . . . . . . . . . . . . . The above post was posted for entertainment purposes only and one should not do what was posted in this reply,thank you. (Unless of course your brother is a defense lawyer and your sister is a judge.)
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:17:02 PM EST
nothing in the lease that says anything about it. leaving town for 10 days, gonna leave it up and see what happens. i don't think they will have time to evict me before i transfer to a free state anyway.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:33:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/25/2002 1:34:42 PM EST by Boom_Stick]
I've never been evicted, but I know people who have been. From what I've seen (Especially true in the "liberal manifesto" mentality of Ca), it will take your landlord [b]forever[/b] to kick you out. Ride it out!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:45:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick: I've never been evicted, but I know people who have been. From what I've seen (Especially true in the "liberal manifesto" mentality of Ca), it will take your landlord [b]forever[/b] to kick you out. Ride it out!
View Quote
In my hometown it only takes 21 days to get a court date on an eviction. The tenant will be out within one week after court date. Evictions may vary in different areas
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:55:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/25/2002 1:58:22 PM EST by 100YARDS]
Do they have a key to your apartment ? Is it the 'yellow' or 'white' Culpepper ? How many apartments in building ? Does landlord live there? Did you talk to a lawyer ? (Your landlord must not be able to read "DONT TREAD ON ME ") Would Tommy J. take down the flags ?
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:12:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/25/2002 2:14:40 PM EST by liberty86]
Originally Posted By Ratters:
Originally Posted By DScottHewitt: Depends on the lease that was signed. Does it have a clause forbidding flags? Does it have a clause forbidding the display of "controversial" items? Scott
View Quote
I know what you're saying Scott, but that the fact that the US flag can be deemed a controversial item is just plain sad. I think if he had the inclination to fight it he could win.
View Quote
It ain't the American flag he's shook about, it's the Culpepper......
Top Top