Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2001 6:48:50 PM EDT
We were at the range on Sunday and the guy next to us, oh what a collection.  MP5K, MP5, silenced 22 pistol and rifle, FA H&K 91, Uzi, M16, and this (he let us all run a belt through it):

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/023/F4/Cd/99/OJ98463.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Man I would love to have one of them!!!

[bounce]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Show off... seriously though... where is that guy from? Seriejevo???
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that the Brazos River or Navasota River by chance?
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
M60 = POS.  My cousin has one, and even he reluctantly agrees.  So does the US military; the Marines have already replaced them with the old, reliable FN MAG-58 (M240G), and the Army is in the process of replacing their M60s with the M240B model.  The MAG-58 is, essentially, the Browning BAR receiver flipped upside-down and fed from a belt.  As the world has learned over the last 50 years, this gun WORKS.

Not to spoil your fun...  [:)]

(How to make an M60 jam, reliably, every time?  Simple: just say, "Get some!")

-Troy

View Quote

I won't even begin to disagree with the performance or reliability issues of the M60.

But I don't think this was the point of the post...

And POS or not, I'd take one in a New York Minute. Belt-fed guns, semi or auto, are the be-all end-all of fun with firearms, IMO.

Happy (belt-fed) hunting,
havoc
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, that guy put about 1500 rounds through it with no hangups whatsoever...

I sure wouldn't mind having one.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 3:33:12 AM EDT
[#8]
"Well, that guy put about 1500 rounds through it with no hangups whatsoever..."

Neat photo!

I was gonna ask about the reliability, but you answered that one.

Unintended Consequences goes on and on about how bad this gun is. From the way they talk about it, you would be better off to throw at the enemy.  Do you know which version this is?  Looks from the pic to be an M60E1?  Am I wrong?  

Link Posted: 7/4/2001 6:37:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 6:41:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like fun, but am I the only one that was taught to NOT shoot at the water???

Not a flame, but I've seen a lot of pictures of MG firing into water, without any visible backstop, like this picture, and it makes me a bit uneasy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 6:57:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I know a couple of guys who humped 60s in Vietnam.  Both would trade their wives for one.

Maybe the newer ones aren't so great.  Or maybe it's the operators.

Eddie
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:05:25 AM EDT
[#12]
NICE GUY.IM GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE GENEROUS WITH SHARING THEIR FIREARMS AND MORE IMPORTANTY all that ammo.every time i go shooting and take someone new they have a blast but not once have i been offered and cash to compinsate for all the money i let them shho up.its not like i expect them to pay but to offer would be nice.took this guy last week wee shot up at least 100 bucks worth of ammo.and do you know what he said when we were threw.it that all the ammo?
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like fun, but am I the only one that was taught to NOT shoot at the water???

View Quote

NO, not the only one.  One time, it had rained during the day so at night I went down to a pond on my uncles farm and in a direction that has no houses or people for about two miles put s few tracers through my AR. Only one word to describe, AWESOME.  The tracers went about 75 yards, hit the water and turned 85 degrees or so up into the air ads burned for I would say 300 yards or so into the air!  Damn cool. But no, I normally would not shoot at, or over water.  Unless I knew EXACTLY of the backstop.

Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:32:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Ahhh, yet another toy i'm not allowed to own here in PRNJ...
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Sweet pic of that '60. Thanks for sharing!

Tyler
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#17]
In keeping with this topic--

How many of you have shot a full auto (CIVILIAN OWNED--I know many of you have had military service or LEO training, but I am talking about a privately owned or a transferable/dealer sample gun that a dealer has?

It is a blast.  I have yet to try a belt fed gun, but someday, I will.  I hear very good things about the 1919 being a reliable gun.  

The few full auto owners I know personally, are good about sharing the fun.  They may put a few restrictions--like you load the mags, pay the cost of the ammo (and use theirs--I don't know too many gun owners--not just full auto owners--that will hand over their gun to be shot with questionable ammo), etc, but they don't mind you shooting them.

In about 2 years (once I graduate and start a residency in a Yes-MG state) I'll get my full auto's back.  And, any members who want to try them are welcome.  

AFARR

Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#18]
and i thought the stand up wheelie at 100mph on my motorcycle was fun would like to try a fa 60 have shot an ak fa and that was fun too.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not a flame, but I've seen a lot of pictures of MG firing into water, without any visible backstop, like this picture, and it makes me a bit uneasy.
View Quote

Well, considering this is a shooting range and folks have been shooting there for years, should make it ok.  On the other side of that river bank is a crocodile/alligator preserve for a mile or so.

Ah!  more water shots!

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/011/iP/E2/Eg/1K22488.jpg[/img]

count the brass?

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/025/5u/BT/xn/Pq23557.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top