Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2004 10:23:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
My letter:

"Those uniformed members of the military will graduate and defend freedom - so you don't have to.  You can just enjoy the fruits of their labor.  Like the freedom of the press.  You used that to bash them.  Wearing military uniforms on campus is your complaint?  Are you that bored that you had to walk around and seek out something to rip on?

Get a grip on reality.  And instead of bashing them, you should walk up to them and thank them for protecting your sorry butt."

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I wrote:

Young man,

Please allow me to be the first to remind you that you are too young, too uneducated, too inexperienced, and not nearly well-read enough to criticize your local ROTC detatchment or the military in general.

Peace activists sat on their hands while the Armenians were slaughtered by the Turks following WWI.

Peace activists hailed Stalin while he killed as many as 30 million in his pre-WWII purges of intellectuals and minorities;.

Peace activists stood by while Hitler re-armed.  In the end, more than 50 million perished in a war to topple him and Imperial Japan.  The French and the English could have crushed him easily in the late 1930's if they had listened to the warnings of Churchill.

Peace activists turned their backs on the millions slaughter in China my Mao, the million executed in Cambodia by Pol Pot, and the hundreds of thousands killed in Zaire in a matter of weeks.

Child, if I could buy you for what your intellect is really worth and sell it for what you think it is worth, I would be a millionaire.

Sincerely,
a man who has at least 30 years of adulthood more than you do
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Child, if I could buy you for what your intellect is really worth and sell it for what you think it is worth, I would be a millionaire.

That's a superb line right there  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I wrote:

Young man...

heeheehee....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#5]
one side fears military control, and the other side fears the muslim takeover and the fall of america from within.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#6]
If you don't like the ROTC guys wearing BDUs, look in the other direction when they walk by.  Don't sit on the steps in front of their parade ground.  In fact, gouge out your eyeballs altogether and be done with it.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#7]
"See," I said, "as soon as anyone questions your authority you resort to brute force, and you prove my point about the dangers of militarization on campus."

Help, help, I'm being repressed.  Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system...

- CD

PS: "Bloody peasant!"
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#8]
what a shitbag pussy, he acts like he is so scared of BDU's but then he confronts a cadre member (probably a ranger or Drill Sgt)  The army uses force, get used to it!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#9]
WHAT a piece of shit. ANyone want to bet his 'justice studies' is the LLLiberal horseshit Social Justice, and NOT 'Criminal Justice'?

And anyone writing the turd - ASU was Pat Tillman's school. ASU just recently commemorated him. Tillman was JUST feted by the Cardinals. This sadass article is no doubt heavily triggered by these events. BDUs is just a convenient hook to hang the 'Hate America' article on.

On top of it all, this little pissant's article is a pale shadow of an earlier screed insulting Tillman after his death - Pat Tillman is not a hero: He got what was coming to him .
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#10]
With these pussies, the sight of a military uniform (or any uniform) probably imflames their sense of inferiority and reminds them that they will always be a gutless pussy while the rest of the world goes on to become decent citizens and productive members of society. So they try to become relavant by writing crap in the hopes they can be measured by their "intellect" and "enlightened views" but generally end up only reinforcing how worthless they really are.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#11]

In effect, I feel that we Americans are too quickly giving up all of our hard-fought civil liberties so that we can receive a little presumed protection against terrorism.

That funny, he is bitching about the very people who have fought for this contries freedoms. He has never fought for anything in his life, other then fighting with his dungeon master over a sword of kill ogre in his last game of dungeons and dragons.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#12]
send him to north korea, and see what running his mouth gets him....he should be thanking them for the privelege to speak
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Thankfully this person doesn't represent everyone at ASU, just another ignorant liberal.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Nothing like a 19-year old mama's boy telling everyone how the world ought to be.

He doesn't understand anything we could say because he was not issued a set of BDU's, nor was he issued any balls.  Just a whiny little pussy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#17]

That guy sounds like a serious sissy.  

as a peace activist and concerned student

No real man calls himself 'concerned' about anything.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Thankfully this person doesn't represent everyone at ASU, just another ignorant liberal.

Thank god.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#19]
My email to this fuckstick...

was really good but I cant get it to come out right on the board.

email me to see it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#20]
How does that saying go?

"If you can read, thank a teacher.  If you can read english, thank a Soldier".

Given this pusswad is on an AMERICAN campus and able (one would assume) to speak, read and write in english I think he can go fuck himself.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#21]
What a fool.

I emailed a letter stating that he's obviously learned nothing more than how to use a beer bong while at school, that he was a poster child for the fact that access to a institute of higher education doesn't necessarily mean he has one and proves it, that he should have thanked the cadets instead of harassing them, that if he'd kept his fool mouth shut they'd likely have said nothing at all to him, and that he had his head so far up his ass that he could likely lick his tonsils.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
How does somebody get their head that far up their ass and not suffocate?

It's led their and fostered by an Education heavily seeded with Tenured (ex-)Hippie Permanent Students. Little to no real History, and EVERY subject couched in terms of 'how America got it Wrong'. The whole University system needs a Purge, and scum like Chomsky et al need to put out to pasture / sent to the glue factory.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#23]
It's not worth the keystrokes.  I'd rather argue with you fine fellows!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Sent "Patrik" and email disagreeing with his position....his response:

Tustep:

In point of fact, I am over forty years old, have been in the Army ROTC and active duty military
and reseves for eight years, and have traveled the world over. I've been married had a family and
now I am working on my second degree. And, in point of fact, I am right to dissent. Thank you
though for the support.

And, oh, by the way, it's You're NOT "YOUR wrong". It is You and Are together that make up YOU'RE.
But this was learned by you in our outstanding elementary school system, right? You, I am sure,
are very proud of this proof of your level of learing and ability. My suggestion to you is that
you go back to school and this time stay away from the beer bongs. And for that matter, the
country and western bars and those open-mined and well-rounded people who frequent them who taught
you that the "Two Step" is spelt with a "Tu."

Peace not war, Patrik.

My response:

Ouch…your anger is overwhelming as is your ASSumptions!

You have the right to “dissent” (God Bless America), however your point is wrong. This of course is illustrated by your attack upon me and ridicules ASSumptions rather than supporting your (wrong) position.

“In point of fact, I am over forty years old, have been in the Army ROTC and active duty military
and reseves for eight years, and have traveled the world over. I've been married had a family and
now I am working on my second degree. And, in point of fact, I am right to dissent. Thank you
though for the support.”

Would you suggest the above quoted information gives you a greater right to dissent…or make you more authoritive than I?

BTW…since you elected to go this road…should it be reserves or “reseves?” What does my level of “learing” have to do with anything?

Your fellow American, Bill

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Well everyone at ASU is retarded anyway.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top