Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/25/2002 7:37:26 AM EDT
I hate to admit it but you just can't shoot em all. I stopped bringing more then one gun to the range because it just thows me off shooting too many guns. I am going to concentrate on learning my AR15 inside and out vs. shooting it, then my FAL, then my Savage 30-06, then my AK etc. etc. I don't think I'm getting enough feel for each of my guns. Same goes for pistols, I'm going to concentrate on my Glock and 1911 until I know them inside and out. It just seems like the *best* gun for any situation is the one you know everything about and have a ton of confidence in.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:41:21 AM EDT
ok.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:43:00 AM EDT
Sorry, but I don't buy it. I once saw a man's collection in Long Island. Literally HUNDREDS of the things all stacked in a single room. Rack upon rack of them. Some hanging in holsters from the ceiling, others leaning against the wall. There were all kinds, from a .22 single-shot pistol to an M-60. New, old, antique. No way in hell he would ever shoot them all. Just to document them all for insurance purposes would have strained the abilities of GunTracker. And yet, he was happy. He was law-abiding. He was responsible. That's all that matters...
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:43:06 AM EDT
Move along Nothing to see here folks Move along
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:47:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/25/2002 7:50:13 AM EDT by shaggy]
GSTN - I completely agree with you. Too many guns is not a good thing. Send me all your extras and I'll dispose of them, free of charge. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:48:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/25/2002 7:57:47 AM EDT by EricTheHun]
Well, let's see, the year was 1974 or so, and I was at the drag races in Hallsville, Texas, in the Pits, when I saw this lovely young lady, who was, shall we say, well-endowed in a way that only male mammals would appreciate. She wore a t-shirt with a a saying on it that became my instant Hun motto: [size=4][b]Some is Good More is Better And Too Much is Just Right![/b][/size=4] Well, that motto extends to my collection of weaponry. Just as my tool chest has many different tools contained in it, all with various purposes, in different sizes, and with more than one of each, so does my armory. I don't have to become an expert with each weapon, just pick out a couple of favorites and get to know them. The remaining weapons are replacements, or tools for other situations, or to be used as party favors for the [b]'SHT Hun Farm'[/b] situations! Eric The(Happy,RedundantlyArmed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:50:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GSTN: I hate to admit it but you just can't shoot em all. I stopped bringing more then one gun to the range because it just thows me off shooting too many guns. I am going to concentrate on learning my AR15 inside and out vs. shooting it, then my FAL, then my Savage 30-06, then my AK etc. etc. I don't think I'm getting enough feel for each of my guns. Same goes for pistols, I'm going to concentrate on my Glock and 1911 until I know them inside and out. It just seems like the *best* gun for any situation is the one you know everything about and have a ton of confidence in.
View Quote
surely, you jest.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 8:25:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:01:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By USNA91: Sorry, but I don't buy it. I once saw a man's collection in Long Island. Literally HUNDREDS of the things all stacked in a single room. Rack upon rack of them. Some hanging in holsters from the ceiling, others leaning against the wall. There were all kinds, from a .22 single-shot pistol to an M-60. New, old, antique. No way in hell he would ever shoot them all. Just to document them all for insurance purposes would have strained the abilities of GunTracker. And yet, he was happy. He was law-abiding. He was responsible. That's all that matters...
View Quote
Damn, did he have a vault door on that room?, I would.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:07:55 AM EDT
Beware of the man who owns one rifle, he probably knows how to use it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:11:37 AM EDT
heretic
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:23:29 AM EDT
He who dies with the most guns....well, uh....wins. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:26:57 AM EDT
Hmmmm. Looks like some members need a remedial reading comprehension course. Either that, or I'm just stupid. I learned a long time ago, when I used to take 6 or 7 rods and reels with me everytime I fished, that there is validity in too much of a good thing. And that's the way I read this thread. Own unlimited numbers of guns, but only take what you can reasonably use, when you go shooting or hunting.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:33:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:29:39 PM EDT
Don't get me wrong I have no problem with anyone owning 50,000 guns if they want for collection reasons. I have just found that I just don't shoot all my guns that much anymore. I just think there is a real sense of accomplishment in mastering a particlar weapon rather then being alright with 15 different weapons.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:45:32 PM EDT
Those of you that have too many can send me some as I don't have any.[>(] (I know I sound like a Demorat but I'm not) Really I just monitor this site hoping to learn something about them..[rolleyes] E-mail me and I'll give you my F.F.L.'s address errrrrr I mean I'll look up a way for you to ship them to me......I'll even pay shipping[:D]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:55:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By garandman: He who dies with the most guns....well, uh....wins.
View Quote
He who dies with the most guns....well, uh....is still dead.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:00:14 PM EDT
Nah, you can never have too many guns.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:33:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/26/2002 5:36:25 PM EDT by Wasted-life]
Too many guns. What's that mean? It's like too much money, there's no such thing. It's like a girl too pretty, a car too fast, I can;t remember the rest of the words, so I'll quit there. The only thing I can think of for the next line, would probably get me banned.[:)]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 9:34:16 AM EDT
"Anything worth doing, is worth over doing!" "Moderation is for Monks. Take life in big bites!" R.A.H.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 9:48:58 AM EDT
Did your wife make you say that?
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 10:09:28 AM EDT
You my friend are not spending enough time at the range. You need to rearrange your priorities and fall in love with each one all over again. I am what you call a fickle gun owner, I leave the gun I bought yesterday for the one I'll get today. My newest love is my Oly 9mm, she is so sweet. Now when the cash flow is slow I go back to my safe and empty it and it never fails " where in the hell did that one come from". You see where I am going, IT NEVER ENDS-I hope, enjoy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 10:34:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
Originally Posted By garandman: He who dies with the most guns....well, uh....wins.
View Quote
He who dies with the most guns....well, uh....is still dead.
View Quote
and leaves em to me [:D]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 12:37:41 PM EDT
I agree, ya can't have too many.. however, you can bring too many to the range.. remember, ya gotta clean 'em!!! [:)]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 1:19:36 PM EDT
What ever floats you boat. I still enjoy the hours of cleaning when I get home! [;)]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 2:18:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By P806: Move along Nothing to see here folks Move along
View Quote
Ditto...
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 2:23:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:47:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MAHABALI:
Originally Posted By USNA91: Sorry, but I don't buy it. I once saw a man's collection in Long Island. Literally HUNDREDS of the things all stacked in a single room. Rack upon rack of them. Some hanging in holsters from the ceiling, others leaning against the wall. There were all kinds, from a .22 single-shot pistol to an M-60. New, old, antique. No way in hell he would ever shoot them all. Just to document them all for insurance purposes would have strained the abilities of GunTracker. And yet, he was happy. He was law-abiding. He was responsible. That's all that matters...
View Quote
Damn, did he have a vault door on that room?, I would.
View Quote
Believe it or not, nope. In fact, he had guns all over his house. He ran his FFL from home. The guns in the roo I described were his "private" collection, and they were in a bedroom whose window overlooked the street. A simple curtain is all the protection afforded to this treasure trove. Then again, what maniac would be foolish enough to break in, knowing what could be lurking therein...
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 8:42:25 AM EDT
If I had 100 guns, I'd find the time to shoot 'em all. Same goes for 1000, or however many. I would find time to shoot every last one of them... I would spend 12 hours a day shoot if necessary... [size=6][b]There is no such thing as too many guns[/b][/size=6]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:27:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 8:06:44 PM EDT
Do you also just buy and keep one beer at a time in your frige? Bet not! You got too many guns e-mail me quote me some prices,as I belive in gun control,In that I am personally trying to take all those horrible things off the streets of America and into my house! Bob [8D]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 8:11:23 PM EDT
yep there is... when your next purchase is a M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank. that is when you know you are better equipped than burt. and thats a bad thing.... cuz next is a apache.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 8:47:54 PM EDT
Heresy! Ban him mods! Forgive him Lord for he knows not what he speaks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:17:36 PM EDT
No such thing as to many guns, just like there's no such thing as to much HP.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:38:03 PM EDT
The only problem I see is if you have something like 200 guns and are anal enough to clean and relube every gun once a year, you could spend your entire life cleaning guns. Same with anything that requires maintenance every so often.
Top Top