Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2010 4:10:57 PM EDT
Now I have a Census worker story.  Sorry, no threats of violence or near misses in a car.

This is how its all gone down:

1. We sent our first form in like a good subject.
2. They send out another form about 3 weeks later, ignored that one.
3. Saturday night a Census worker comes by and begins his spiel.  I tell him we sent in the form, have a nice night.
4. Today when I got home from work I see a "Sorry I missed you" Census note on my door.
5. 10 min ago he came back with a census form in hand complaining about how he had a note indicating I sent in my original form, but he still needed to do another one.  Then he proceeded to go on a long    tirade about government waste and how unreliable the census job was.  He also said the they're expecting 2 more congressional districts to be added to the Houston area. That seems excessive.

Was I counted twice?  Will we have more Sheila Jackson Lees in my fair city because of it?  Should I have just answered the door wearing nothing but shower shoes and a light coat of CLP?

Will my dog be okay?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Should have told him to fuck off all day long, the first time he showed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
They only count you twice if you are Mexican or a democrat. The rest of the hassle is just making sure...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
don't worry you will still vote democrat 3 times this November.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent mine in last March and had a Census worker at my door today.  She woke me up so I wasn't at my best, but I didn't answer any questions.  I just told her I sent the form in already.
-K
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#5]
That would only happen if you are black or hispanic.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#6]
With all the Arfcomers that refused to do their Constitutional Duty, if you're counted twice that means you picked up some of the slack around here.

And...like I said before....Chances are that the original Census form was eaten by the Post Office.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That would only happen if you are black or hispanic.

I live very near an existing congressional district border.  I'm on the republican side and the democrat side is about a half mile away.  

This area has been increasingly going hispanic.  I'm almost certain I will be in a (D) district once they're done gerrymandering this place.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 8:41:59 AM EDT
[#8]
It's probably the dems trying to create and move the districts so they get more congress men. I bet everyone counted more than once is in current or future dem districts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top