Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2009 1:33:59 PM EDT
A douchebag kid from miami ran a stop sign yesterday and I teeboned him... I talked to the insurance company today and they said it was prolly going to be totaled out.. I might see how much it'll cost to buy it from the insurance company, the tansmission and transfer case have less than 2k on them, I'll part it out.. I only managed to break 3 fingers, fucked up my right knee and have a concussion.. She will be missed..

The douche that I hit..

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Rebuildable if you wanted to....Might be worth buying back from the insurance co...
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Ouch. Glad you're not banged up too bad.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I'd buy it back if I were you.  Lots of upgrades on that jeep that insurance isn't going to pay for, and you can add those parts to your new/next jeep.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Rebuildable if you wanted to....Might be worth buying back from the insurance co...

I didn't get a picture of it but the frame took a pretty good bend towards the middle of the jeep.. I'll just part it out and move on to another jeep project.. It's sad, I rebuilt this jeep completely myself, my first such under taking..
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd definitely try to buy it back from the insurance company - those tires, winch, etc are worth more than they'll give you for them.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Straighten that frame replace all the fenders and other shit with tube.

You will worry less about destroying it off road too.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
....those tires, winch, etc are worth more than they'll give you for them.

Well.....maybe not those Turdbirds.....

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#8]
give the  wrecker company $20 to look the other way...

speedy recovery bro - I remeber back in my Miami days the idiots who were on the road....what a bitch
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice brain bounce impact on the windshield.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

This one?!?

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#11]
The great thing about the Wrangler is you can replace every last piece with an aftermarket part.  I don't see any reason not to keep it and rebuild.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#12]
sorry to hear this man
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#13]
not totaled in my book, that can be repaired pretty quick and easy
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like it is a total loss. They may let you keep it for a price but I bet it would have
to be a Non-Rebuildable title though.

There are sure a lot of Idiots running stop signs down there. I have never understood why
that happens so often down there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#15]
don't settle too low or take the first offer. they owe you for the winch, tires, wheels, air compressor all the upgrades. I have been there and done  times (I have a samll company with 5 trucks on the road in Florida) list out full retail for all your goodies and upgrades
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I'm glad that you're okay for the most part.  Good luck with all the insurance paperwork and stuff.  Your jeep looks like it was real nice, I'm sorry to see it go...
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Murderer!!!

That'll buff right out
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This one?!?

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/drkemprs/Wreak/IMG_0296.jpg
Was that from the inside or outside?

I don't see any feathers...

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Thornturds.

You may have killed the T-case. Impacts like that shove the yoke into the casing and can split the housing.

Glad to hear you're not too banged up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn, I need to wear my seatbelt. That windshield had to hurt.

Sorry about the Jeep. Its always when the are paid for. I like the tires. Always wanted a set.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A douchebag kid from miami ran a stop sign yesterday and I teeboned him... I talked to the insurance company today and they said it was prolly going to be totaled out.. I might see how much it'll cost to buy it from the insurance company, the tansmission and transfer case have less than 2k on them, I'll part it out.. I only managed to break 3 fingers, fucked up my right knee and have a concussion.. She will be missed..

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/drkemprs/Wreak/IMG_0063.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/drkemprs/Wreak/IMG_0064.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/drkemprs/Wreak/IMG_0065.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/drkemprs/Wreak/IMG_0066.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/drkemprs/Wreak/IMG_0067.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/drkemprs/Wreak/IMG_0068.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/drkemprs/Wreak/IMG_0069.jpg

The douche that I hit..
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/drkemprs/Wreak/IMG_0070.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/drkemprs/Wreak/IMG_0071.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/drkemprs/Wreak/IMG_0072.jpg

Hate to see a good Jeep die. I'm currently repairing a recent deer hit, but nowhere near that amount of damage.

I assume you're working with douchebag's insurance company? Any chance you have all the receipts for that aftermarket stuff? They should owe –– replacement cost –– you for everything that's broken. I know it doesn't always work out that way but still.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Interesting AC fittings.

Sorry about your ride, man. Glad you're OK though!
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#24]
It's interesting that the mirror glass on the Honda isn't broke...
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Interesting AC fittings.

I turned the AC compressure to an onboard air pump.. to fill tires and run air tools..
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#26]
So how many bones did the other driver break when you caught him?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#27]
That looked like a hellava nice Jeep.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Interesting AC fittings.

On-board compressed air?

edit: beat by the concussed OP
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Other than you got banged up I fail to see what the problem is.

I thought NOT having a Jeep was a good thing.

Now go get the 70's era Land Cruiser you always wanted.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

So how many bones did the other driver break when you caught him?

I passed out before I could do anything..
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Put me down for winch, tires, rims and steps

Thanks

Sorry for your loss but we all need jeep parts
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Sucks dude, glad you are ok, all things considered.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice jeep.  RIP.

It might be fun to try to rebuid it.  I probably would buy it back from the insurance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Throw that POS away and get a TJ!

You're kidneys will thank you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#35]
how did you keep yourself from kicking his ass...

i would probably be in jail right now for assault.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Passing out a min or two after smacking head on windshield..
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#37]

I think I totaled me Jeep!

Argh! Are they after your lucky charms too?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
don't settle too low or take the first offer. they owe you for the winch, tires, wheels, air compressor all the upgrades. I have been there and done  times (I have a samll company with 5 trucks on the road in Florida) list out full retail for all your goodies and upgrades

Actually, they probably don't owe him for the upgrades. Unless he had a rider specifically for them, most policies will only pay a certain amount for accessories / aftermarket parts or upgrades. That being said,  if you are not going to buy it back, talk to the adjuster and convince him to let you remove all aftermarket parts.  They may require you to replace them with stock parts if the Jeep originally had them.   Say, if you remove the wheels, they are most likely going to want some thing put back on them.  The winch, they shouldn't have a problem with.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#39]
There is a scub YJ on the local craigs list with no motor or interior.  The guy wanted 1500 for it but I bet 700 cash would take it home.
If it was mine I would buy it back, buy a scrub YJ for a clean title and swap the drivetrain and everything from the tub back.  You jeep really isn't that bad.  Sell all extra parts from the two, scrap out the junk and get to wheeling!

Check the local yards,  a metric shit ton of jeeps went to Jeep heaven in cash for clunkers.  Your driveline and goodies in a cheap package.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh shit dude...i hope that asshole's insurance will pay for all you med bills, i assume you got an MRI/CAT scan?

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#41]
so, no seatbelt i cant imagine that happening with the seatbelt on.

What speed did it happen at approx?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, they probably don't owe him for the upgrades. Unless he had a rider specifically for them, most policies will only pay a certain amount for accessories / aftermarket parts or upgrades. That being said,  if you are not going to buy it back, talk to the adjuster and convince him to let you remove all aftermarket parts.  They may require you to replace them with stock parts if the Jeep originally had them.   Say, if you remove the wheels, they are most likely going to want some thing put back on them.  The winch, they shouldn't have a problem with.

We do not have that stupid no fault PD law that you guys have up there. Per the OP the other party was at fault
and owes for his damages. If the tortfeasor (dumb kid) has insurance they owe the Actual Cash value of the jeep
and accessories.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh shit dude...i hope that asshole's insurance will pay for all you med bills, i assume you got an MRI/CAT scan?

No the OP's PIP coverage will pay the med bills until he hits the policy limit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

so, no seatbelt i cant imagine that happening with the seatbelt on.

What speed did it happen at approx?

The seatbelt lock didn't engage, I just went foward.. I was going about 45 when I hit him, he turned out only a few yards in front of me... I don't even think I had a chance to hit the brakes, it really could have been alot worse..
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#45]
That makes me wanna go hug my YJ
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#46]
That shit won't buff out .
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My CJ7 was F'd up more than that. It's rebuildable with the proper application of a frame straightener and a 4wd catalog.

EDIT: Just saw the post about how bad the frame bend was. That sucks, mine wasn't bent up that bad. I only had lap belts. My passenger broke the windshield, just like you did. I bent the steering wheel and seperated my lip from my gums and needed 10 stitches under my lip to reattach it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#48]
God damn OP, I'm sorry. That looked like a really nice rig.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
not totaled in my book, that can be repaired pretty quick and easy

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My CJ7 was F'd up more than that. It's rebuildable with the proper application of a frame straightener and a 4wd catalog.

Heck man, you can even buy frames from Quadratec!

LC
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top