Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2001 7:44:40 PM EDT
I was taking a class at Broward Community College North Campus (Coconut Creek, FL) on Internet Communications in May 2000 and I sat next to a guy. We began talking and he said he grew up in Lebanon. He bgan talking about how he was studying to be a commercial pilot. He said he learned to fly in Lebanon. On several occassions he pulled up diagrams of 767s and other Boeing jets that he seemed to have a compulsion for. He also said he fought in the war between Isreal and Lebanon. When I questioned it he quickly prepositioned it by saying he was Lebanese but was with Isreal. He frequently used the term They rather than a specific country. Such as saying "They'd attack our people and we would strike them back." At the time it sounded like since he was a former IDF soldier but now it seems it may be different. He said he was 27 or so when I met him. This seemed to clear him until a friend said Atta was Al Sheri (20) Uncle and was older.

And most importantly when I look at pictures of Mohammed Atta I see this guy in him. I don't remember what his name was but he looked just like Atta.

What should I do ?

BTW, I am not kidding. Everything I posted here is 100% True.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Well if you think its relevant go to the FBI with it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It can't hurt if you go to the FBI, and it probably could help.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Man!
 If you're legit, that's some scarry shit!  I worked for International Student Services while I was in college, and I can remember processing many student visa's for people like that all the time.  It makes me sick to think that some of those bastards could have been in our office.  I think of that quite a bit, and wonder how many of them have been places I have been and gone to school with me, etc.  They are certainly in our midst, but we can't really do anything about it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
University student gets on the bus today and has the "bin Laden" look---I'm sorry, but, I don't know the correct name for the "towel"; the beard; you know, the "look".
He was polite and spoke perfect English.  So, I drive on and notice myself thinking about what he might have in that backpack he boarded the coach with; what if...; and I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought a month ago.
Later, the route brings us by the Mosque in the neighborhood.  It is the center of a lot of activity today.  American flags everywhere; signs posted to the trees and fences that say something to the effect of "we are Americans, too"; I see a Native American guy with a bandana on his head and wearing a Jesus t-shirt; I see people going in and out of the doors; I see all kinds of people around...then I see the house right next door is for rent, and I think to myself, "I wonder if that is a recent vacancy because the people who lived there were afraid of being victims of an explosion".

Anybody else catch themselves thinking about this kind of stuff?
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Ditto...see the FBI.  They can run down the class list & see if it really was one of them!  Perhaps it will help them answer some questions that they have not been able to yet.

Call today or email Today!

[b][url]http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp[/url][/b]

Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, I just sent the information to FBI.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
University student gets on the bus today and has the "bin Laden" look---I'm sorry, but, I don't know the correct name for the "towel"; the beard; you know, the "look".
He was polite and spoke perfect English.  So, I drive on and notice myself thinking about what he might have in that backpack he boarded the coach with; what if...; and I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought a month ago.
Later, the route brings us by the Mosque in the neighborhood.  It is the center of a lot of activity today.  American flags everywhere; signs posted to the trees and fences that say something to the effect of "we are Americans, too"; I see a Native American guy with a bandana on his head and wearing a Jesus t-shirt; I see people going in and out of the doors; I see all kinds of people around...then I see the house right next door is for rent, and I think to myself, "I wonder if that is a recent vacancy because the people who lived there were afraid of being victims of an explosion".

Anybody else catch themselves thinking about this kind of stuff?
View Quote

Yeah...cept I'm on the receiving end.

But wait!  You too can participate!  Yes!  It true!  Simply get a t-shirt that says "I support Afghanistan & OBLaden!"  Then...that is what it feels like when people look at you because you happen to be the same color as OBDorckhead.

On second thought...skip it.  Its not really fun anyway.

[devil]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top