Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 4:19:02 AM EDT
I keep getting a bunch of emails and they all say "VexAlert" ans so on and then down in the body of the email it says Worm/Bagz.E.1 worm was detected. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this? I have Norton AntiVirus but it won't update anymore (money hungary BASTARDS!) I ran a scan and nothing came up- probably because my definitions are old.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:33:29 AM EDT
[#1]
First bit of advice, get rid of Norton! It's a POS and so is their company, products and customer service since Mr. Norton sold of the company to India.

McAfee is better, and there is another scanner out there that is free and well liked too... I forget the name though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:36:07 AM EDT
[#2]
AVG free is good: AVG from Grisoft (free)
AVAST! is good: AVAST! Anti-Virus (free)
I run both scanners at the same time on my system--I've had certaint things caught on one that the other missed.

Don't forget some good anti-spyware: Ad-Aware from Lavasoft (free)

And don't forget a good firewall: Zone Alarm (free)

Good luck getting Norton off your system once it's imbedded there.  They don't have a great uninstaller.  Some folks here might be able to help you with that, but I'm not one of them (I've hated Norton AV for years).
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:36:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Read this thread, it may help:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=397152
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#4]
WTF is sending you emails about a virus on your 'puter?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top