Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 8:45:50 PM EDT
I know the border issue is the hot topic but , I will give credit where credit is due.
Nothing since 911 on our soil. And yea he makes me sick on the illegal alien issue but I will give him credit so far for no attacks in the US.
You're thoughts
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have for sale a rock that keeps away tigers. I only have one so when I sell it I will be vulnerable, therefore the price is $1000.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Overall, he has.  That big magnet in the Middle East that keep sucking up ROP'ers has something to do with it.

Don't forget that we have had several small time attacks that were swept under the rug.

Our guys have had a combination of luck and skill I thnk.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, there is NO TELLING how many terrorists have been stopped from coming across the border
What am I saying? They DO know how many they have caught, they DON'T know how many have gotten through
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yup, there is NO TELLING how many terrorists have been stopped from coming across the border
What am I saying? They DO know how many they have caught, they DON'T know how many have gotten through

I know the border issue is one every president refused to fix.
but all in all you got to give him some credit.
I sure even the next president won't secure the border.

The only way George would consider placing the military on the entire border is if a
major terrorist attack happened and it was found out that they entered the border illegally.
and I pray that never happens again on our soil.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn good job, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Damn good job, IMO.

... Yup - Borderline OUTSTANDING!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only way George would consider placing the military on the entire border is if a
major terrorist attack happened and it was found out that they entered the border illegally.

Unfortunately that is how it will most likely happen and even the dumbest of the dumb realize it but the president of the USA won't do a thing about it.

Never forget 9/11 like the POTUS seems to have.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Because they come thru on fake documents, far more often than over the border with the mexicans...

Walk in front door undetected, or try and sneak in the back???

They have a higher chance of getting caught in the desert than they do getting off a goddamn plane or boat....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#9]
You will not be saying that when we are faced with a diry bomb that just walked right into the country.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Even then he wouldn't since it can't be done....

Well, if we instituted a draft & suddenly had a 7-10 million man military, maybe.... But that's what you're looking at (Border security would take 1-2 million troops just for Mexico - and if we're doing it to stop terrorists we gotta do Canada too (much bigger, much worse terrain - and you can very easily raft/canoe across in parts of Minnesota without knowing it yourself (Someone I know on a canoe camping trip set up camp on the wrong side of some river/lake up in the boundary waters area... Oh shit... What? Look at the map - We're in CANADA (tear down camp, move to the other side)), much less without being caught))....

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunately that is how it will most likely happen and even the dumbest of the dumb realize it but the president of the USA won't do a thing about it.

Never forget 9/11 like the POTUS seems to have.

It's sometimes amazing to me when I mention that date at work, some people will get this blank stare in their eyes for a few seconds , and then say O yea

I guess some folk's   just never will really get it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have for sale a rock that keeps away tigers. I only have one so when I sell it I will be vulnerable, therefore the price is $1000.

Lisa, I'll buy that rock from you for $50.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

They will come in through legal chanels like they did for 911. Not the Mexican border.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because they come thru on fake documents, far more often than over the border with the mexicans...

Walk in front door undetected, or try and sneak in the back???

They have a higher chance of getting caught in the desert than they do getting off a goddamn plane or boat....

no no no. You are ruining the xenophobic fantasies here.

Protect the border but we need to be realistic about things.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#15]
John Kerry would have done MUCH better....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Park an F-22 at each border crossing to scare them away.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Bush took the post 9/11 blank check to improve the national security of this country and the sympathy of the world and pissed it all away on the Neocons' bullshit war in Iraq.

Nothing accomplished.

The homeland is totally insecure. There is no civil defense program. All is takes is a nation with the balls and the nukes and we could be sent to the stone age in minutes via pre-emplaced nukes.

We are in a far worse position than we were when Bush took office.

9/11 happened because we practiced defenselessness as a strategy to protect airliners. Most Arfcom'ers with a concealed 5 shot .38 could have stopped those hijackings.

The next attack might well happen because we thought leaving the doors of the Nation wide open and unlocked was the only way to be "neighborly" and not "offend" that corrupt POS Vincente Fox.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top