Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/21/2012 10:49:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/21/2012 10:54:45 AM EST by shotgunfatcat]
Yeah, I don't do this often, but if I am going to spend $200 dollars on glasses, I will at least inquire.

Customer care -

I am about to crack down and buy a pair of the plaintiff polarized sunglasses. I have had a pair of your metal framed lenses in the past and have noticed issues with the ear socks almost falling apart after a very short period of time, flaking if you will, almost at if the chemical reaction between body sweat, the poly blend, UV rays, and booze is breaking down the material. Sadly I lost those in a boating accident, along with my gun collection if anybody asks..... My friend had the same issues with his probation's, the falling apart that is, not the boating accident.

Have you resolved this issue by any chance? I tried on a pair last night and really liked them, in fact, while at Cabela's I had to shake off the 80 year old lady showing me the pair and run because of the sexual attraction after installing them, I am only 26 and this was a bit awkward if I do say so, but flattered none the less. Just an FYI, I did not steal the glasses in question, as I wouldn't be taking up your time now, and returning them because I would be ashamed of myself.

I do not want this flaking issue obviously, and with the style glasses (aviators), I can find other high quality brands without this worry. I do like supporting Oakley though. Mainly the fact your sunglasses are made in USA, you donate to good causes, and I would die at the opportunity to work for you (I am a mechanical designer *wink*), besides the fact that California scares me in almost every possible way you can think of.

FWIW, I am really liking the Batwolf's. I wear them everyday Sol graces us with enough light to cause eye hypersensitivity. I wrote to you initially when I received them about the stupid pocket you can put the icons in, in which they have more of a tendency to fall out than anything else. I have not checked up as to where or if you got to this issue, or even care because, hey I can't do nuthin bout it now, but I have just gotten to the point where my extra icon's rest peacefully at the bottom of the bag without much worry.

I hope you have an amazing holiday out at the Oakley facilities and I really hope to hear from you before Friday as I would like to take advantage of the holiday promo.

Thanks for listening,
SHOTGUNFATCAT

Response:

Hello William, <––-Yeah, my name is Will. I missed the edit

Thank you for contacting Oakley. In regards to the ear socks, Sometimes certain factors can cause the ear socks to break down and need replacing. We do offer ear socks for the Plaintiff model and if you do have any issues you can contact our customer service team at (800) 403-7449. If you have any additional questions please let us know. Have a nice holiday!

Best Regards,

Some Guy
CUSTOMER CARE
800-403-7449
WWW.OAKLEY.COM

As I said I contacted them in the past, and the response has been a bit more personal. I guess the holidays are cranking out the cookie cutter responses.

Anyways, I've been thinking about these or Ray Ban. Any opinions on the matter?
Top Top