Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/2/2004 5:37:04 PM EST
so there we were at the UK/OU football game in Lexington, KY. It's Air Force appreciation night, complete with a flyby (F-15 and a P-51). I'm currently on recruiting duty, was in full uniform and about 20 of the finest young troops I could ask for were helping out. We're tossing out foam footballs, keychains and have our 'urban assault vehicle' thumping out some cool tunes...a typical recruiting function and mostly a pretty good time was had by all. Then it started...

Not once, not twice, but SEVERAL times throughout the evening, as we're handing out freebies, people say "Not for me, I'M voting for Kerry!" (wtf? Getting a free keychain is a vote for Bush? I wish it was that easy!)

Now, while on duty and in uniform, I'm not supposed to support any political causes, but I had enough after the 2nd or 3rd incident. Some young punk gave me the 'I'm for sKerry so piss off baby killer' line and I lost my composure. I asked him for his name and address...he asked why, so I told him that if that TRAITOR and his ambulance chasing boyfriend get elected, I want to drop by his house to personally 'thank' him for helping promote a weaker America, taking away my benifits, handing over American soveriegnty and defense issues to the UN, and generally making a mockery of everything I've served to protect over the last 16 years. Then I told him that he's welcome...he asked "huh?", so I told him that everything I've been doing throughout my career, everyone who has worn an American uniform has done, and what the 20 people with me are going to be doing are the reason he has the RIGHT to be WRONG. He started sputtering some crap that I'm brainwashed, so I told him that he is mistaken, I have researched the candidates platforms extensively and have made an educated and informed choice. I told him that if he thinks he has all the answers from a year or 2 of college then he needs to pull his head out and see what the real world looks and smells like. I told him that he needs to start paying attention to the FACTS instead of taking his liberal arts professor's opinions as gospel. My boss (a senior NCO) was standing a few feet away and the Pepsi he was drinking came out his nose! I don't know if I'm in trouble yet or not. I'm pretty sure this is covered in the UCMJ, and I'll have to wait until Monday for the hammer to fall...I guess I was quite a bit louder than I intended to be because I got some applause from the crowd though! Thanks for letting me rant.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:41:10 PM EST
Great rant. Thanks for sharing it with us. I doubt you will get into any trouble.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:41:42 PM EST
My boss (a senior NCO) was standing a few feet away and the Pepsi he was drinking came out his nose! I don't know if I'm in trouble yet or not. I'm pretty sure this is covered in the UCMJ, and I'll have to wait until Monday for the hammer to fall...

The Look on your Superior's face...........Preiceless
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:46:45 PM EST
Thank you.

And thank you!

-LS
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:50:47 PM EST
After listening to one of my coworkers going on and on about how kerry beat Bush's ass in the debate I had to ask him if he actually supported Kerry or did he just hate Bush. He admited he wasnt crazy about Kerry, but is one of those Bush lied kind of guys.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:53:19 PM EST
I thought sKerry was the big war hero...............
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:54:32 PM EST
I have zero tolerance for anyone giving servicemen the bullshit they had to endure in Vietnam from college students and fuckfaces like Kerry.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:54:58 PM EST
I doubt you'll hear a single word about it given your NCO was there and heard it (unless one of the pussy whipped J F'n Kerry supporters raises a stink somewhere in your chain of command).

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:02:49 PM EST
Colt45, you did good.
You did the right thing and you did the thing right!

What more can you ask for?!

Letting those asswipes walk all over you can not be good recruiting practice.
Soldiers are supposed to have a backbone!

Carry on.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:54:38 PM EST
outstanding ......thank you!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:13:00 PM EST
Not once, not twice, but SEVERAL times throughout the evening, as we're handing out freebies, people say "Not for me, I'M voting for Kerry!" (wtf? Getting a free keychain is a vote for Bush? I wish it was that easy!)

You should have pointed farther down and said "Oh, the free retard dribble bibs are that way".
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:27:04 PM EST
In the future, you should have handy some "I'm a F_cking Retard" key chains, to give to such people.....Oh, a Kerry man, here you go!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:45:02 PM EST
CO: How'd it go this weekend Sergeant?

Senior NCO: Everything went well, sir, I was especially impressed with Colt45guy's attitude.

CO: Why is that Sergeant?

Senior NCO: He is eloquent and extremely well informed. People were actually applauding his efforts.

CO: That's outstanding Sergeant!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:48:45 PM EST
Colt - If your Senior NCO is worth his salt, he probaby didn't hear your exchange over the din of the crowd.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:51:44 PM EST
it aint army , but hurahh
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:15:00 AM EST
Its funny how people automatically equate a military uniform with a vote for Bush. Tells me all i need to know really...
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:37:47 AM EST
When did the Air Force chevron change to a highlighted star for airmen? When I was in I didn't get my star untill I made buck seargent.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:50:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By Colt45guy:
so there we were at the UK/OU football game in Lexington, KY. It's Air Force appreciation night, complete with a flyby (F-15 and a P-51). I'm currently on recruiting duty, was in full uniform and about 20 of the finest young troops I could ask for were helping out. We're tossing out foam footballs, keychains and have our 'urban assault vehicle' thumping out some cool tunes...a typical recruiting function and mostly a pretty good time was had by all. Then it started...

Now, while on duty and in uniform, I'm not supposed to support any political causes, but I had enough after the 2nd or 3rd incident. Some young punk gave me the 'I'm for sKerry so piss off baby killer' line and I lost my composure. I asked him for his name and address...he asked why, so I told him that if that TRAITOR and his ambulance chasing boyfriend get elected, I want to drop by his house to personally 'thank' him for helping promote a weaker America, taking away my benifits, handing over American soveriegnty and defense issues to the UN, and generally making a mockery of everything I've served to protect over the last 16 years. Then I told him that he's welcome...he asked "huh?", so I told him that everything I've been doing throughout my career, everyone who has worn an American uniform has done, and what the 20 people with me are going to be doing are the reason he has the RIGHT to be WRONG. He started sputtering some crap that I'm brainwashed, so I told him that he is mistaken, I have researched the candidates platforms extensively and have made an educated and informed choice. I told him that if he thinks he has all the answers from a year or 2 of college then he needs to pull his head out and see what the real world looks and smells like. I told him that he needs to start paying attention to the FACTS instead of taking his liberal arts professor's opinions as gospel. My boss (a senior NCO) was standing a few feet away and the Pepsi he was drinking came out his nose! I don't know if I'm in trouble yet or not. I'm pretty sure this is covered in the UCMJ, and I'll have to wait until Monday for the hammer to fall...I guess I was quite a bit louder than I intended to be because I got some applause from the crowd though! Thanks for letting me rant.

WAY TO GO, BRO!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:02:40 AM EST
I was about to express disbelief that we have people like that in this state, then I remembered it was a College football game.

So much for that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:14:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By Colt45guy:

Thank you.
You deserve a medal.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:20:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2004 5:23:51 AM EST by Greenhorn]
I sure would have been cheering if I heard some guy say that.

Good job!

You shoulda heard my dad's rant after my brother's friend started saying how Bush was ruining the world. It was PRICELESS! My dad with into a very well organized, detailed, devestating tirade for about 15 minutes, first talking about the truth about the tax cuts, and then went into the war on terrorism, stating how important it is to liberate Iraq, how this war is like a chess game and we can't just go after guys like Iran right now without ruining the economy, how Libya is no longer a threat and we didn't fire a shot at them, how terrorism is a global threat and it is important that we stop it right now. He also said that when he was younger, he voted for Nixon because Nixon said that he had a secret plan to get out of Veitnam. After one term and still being in Veitnam, my dad realized that Nixon was lying and did not respect him anymore. He said that this is exactly what Kerry is doing - saying he has a solution but not saying what it is or why it's better than Bush's. He basically said that my bro's friend was stupid for forming an opinion without any knowledge. He went on and on, and my bro's friend, who does not know any facts and only says what he hears his teachers say, had nothing to respond with.

I was very proud of my dad that day.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:20:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By longshot_va:
Thank you.

And thank you!

-LS

+1
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:24:01 AM EST
You've got way more self control then I. If after coming back from DS or Yugo and someone had called me a baby killer, I would have beat the crap out of them.

Different times.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:26:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By VTHOKIESHOOTER:

Originally Posted By longshot_va:
Thank you.

And thank you!

-LS

+1

+2

Great story.

You got balls kid!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:39:35 AM EST
Well struck, Sir SColt45guy!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:42:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By Pangea:
When did the Air Force chevron change to a highlighted star for airmen? When I was in I didn't get my star untill I made buck seargent.

It changed about 13 years ago when they phased out the rank of Buck Seargent. Now you're not an NCO until SSgt(E-5). All stars in the USAF Chevrons have been filled in since.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:20:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By Greenhorn:
how Libya is no longer a threat and we didn't fire a shot at them

I think your bro's friend needs a history lesson.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:29:19 AM EST
If I was your CO I would give you a good counseling statement about UCMJ and politics and uniform, and then buy you a beer.
Top Top