Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 7:22:05 PM EDT
I attended a Republican event tonight and spoke with Rep. Mike Simpson (R-Idaho) about HR 1022.  I told him this was the most restrictive gun ban in U.S. history and it even seeks to ban classic WW II rifles like the M1 Carbine.  He was familiar with the bill.

He said he has been surprised how powerful House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has been thus far and mentioned the non-binding surrender resolution.  I told him that people who thought they elected moderate Dem house members were proven wrong after the vote.  (I think only two Dems voted against it.)  I told him I was worried that if Dems stick together and support the gun ban, we may be in trouble.  (If passed, the Senate could kill it or the president could veto it.)

He said he will fight to kill HR 1022.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
outstanding
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to hear. Idaho has wonderfull pro gun politicians

Since I am military, I vote in Florida. In one of the most LIBERAL areas, I might add, Palm Beach County.

I am in the process of writing a nice letter to "The Honorable " Ron Klein, NRA rated F.

Any suggestions as to what to say to this clown

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Remind him that he may have a short political career if he votes for it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Remind him that he may have a short political career if he votes for it.

GREAT JOB MS!! If evreyone was like you we would not have had the first ban!!

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Good to hear. Idaho has wonderfull pro gun politicians

Since I am military, I vote in Florida. In one of the most LIBERAL areas, I might add, Palm Beach County.

I am in the process of writing a nice letter to "The Honorable " Ron Klein, NRA rated F.

Any suggestions as to what to say to this clown

PV tell him the facts. Keep it short. Don't insult him sound intelligent. Remind him that if the bills intention is to decrease criminals access to guns it is written completely wrong since criminals do not follow the law, only those who already abide by the law will be affected.

On this thread there are numerous facts/ and some good letter examples pull some that seem like they will support the direction of your letter.

letters and info

Then call once a week to make sure he got the message!

Good luck
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]
  When you stay on a first name basis with your local elected
reps, you are doing a good job defending your rights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top