Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 6:20:43 PM EDT
One of the guys who lives in the house is a French student here for the summer. The conversation on the porch turned to guns because one of the girls said she would like to go to the shooting range (!) to see what it was like.

Anyway, I took the French student to the self storage place to get some stuff, and while there I showed him my RRA M4 post-ban. He was like, Whoa! "C'est true?" (His English is marginal).

"Real," I said with a smile. We can buy things like this here in Texas.

We proceeded to talk about the legality of owning such a weapon here v. in France. He really likes the FAMAS rifle, he said. I told him it was a fine gun, too.

I invited him to go to the range later and shoot it, but he declined.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
One of my wife's classmates was french.  His father lives in france and actually owns a few guns.  When he was out visiting we went to the range and I let him try the AR, AK and a few others.  They both had a great time.  His father is very pro gun and pro American.  Most french are assholes, but the ones in the south seem to actually like Americans from my experience.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He really likes the FAMAS rifle, he said. I told him it was a fine gun, too.

And just when did the blue bolt of lightning hit you?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm suprised he didn't pull a hansel and whip out his soiled tighty-whiteys and start waving them around.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
The French upper class have a strong shooting culture like the British . It use to be said that you could't sell to there companies untill you were invited to with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top