Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2001 12:38:47 PM EDT
I just stopped in to ask about a cast bullet silhouette shoot this Saturday, I swear! I really did not know that a gorgeous Ruger M77 SS heavy barreled .308 in a gorgeous laminated stock, would be sitting on the counter with my name on it's $450 price tag.

Damn! I have to stay out of those places! I'm going to go broke someday!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate when that happens
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#2]
You can't buy just one! Got the shakes just looking at our logo. [:D]

Ice
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Critter, I know what you are saying! Hell all of my weapons ended up in my safe were just walk in and see it and fall in love then gotta have. I bought my first AR SP1 due to going into the gun shop to pick up a box of 38spl for some plinking and walked out very broke! My Colt 9mm. same! my M1A same! SKS again same! and the Kimber oh yea the same! Not to speak of my PreBan Benelli that I sold off. (still kicking myself for doing that) Just a few weeks ago I went into Dick's Sporting goods and just looked at a cheap scope to put on the M1A and ended up spending $800 and change on a Leuopld and mount and rings (From Donnie @ SableCo). I gotta stay away from looking. It is killing my bank account big time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]
(Homer Simpson Voice) Mmmmmm... guns.....(slobber all over display case)
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I had just gotten done telling a friend that I wasn't going to buy anything to do with guns for a while, so I could start buying parts to build a nice old HD FLH for next summer. I thought I was safe. I really did. But I forgot that an HBar Ruger in .308 was still on my wish list. LOL!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Critter,
when is that reduced CMP match
going to be held
at that fancy club of yours?
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By garden weasel:
Critter,
when is that reduced CMP match
going to be held
at that fancy club of yours?
View Quote

I'm not sure. The best person to ask is Chris at Autumn Gun Works. His number is in the book.

This Saturday is a cast bullet shoot, but I wanna do that CMP shoot so I can get me one of those Danish M1s. Oh man! There I go again! Another freeking gun! LOL!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#8]
heh heh heh
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I get the bug every time I walk in one. But, then I think about filling out the yellow paper and signing my name on the yellow line and that kills it for me. Ruins the moment!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#10]
heh heh heh
View Quote

I built me a makeshift gun cabinet out of an old cedar wardrobe a couple of weeks ago, since my closet was getting too full. I made it to hold 15 rifles. I figured I'd have a few slots left over for any new purchases, and my LEGP. So I get it all done, bring it in, and start filling it. Next thing I know, it's freekin full. No more room. What the fu.... I musta been busy this year!

I even forgot about the Remington 870 behind my office door! With the LEGP and my daughter's AP-74 coming, and the .308, my closet is going to start filling up again pretty quick!

Looks like I need to find another cedar wardrobe....
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I get the bug every time I walk in one. But, then I think about filling out the yellow paper and signing my name on the yellow line and that kills it for me. Ruins the moment!
View Quote

I don't mind filling out the form. Screw em! If and when they come looking for my guns, at least a few of them will regret it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm sure that there is a 12 step program for this out there somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm sure that there is a 12 step program for this out there somewhere.
View Quote

I may need one soon! My biggest problem is that I don't like to sell anything that I own free and clear. So I buy a gun, shoot it til it gets boring, then I forget I have it. Then I buy another and the same thing happens. But I just can't bring myself to sell any that I'm bored with. I have a Russian SKS that I haven't shot in ages. Why am I saving it? I don't even like it very much. There's still a case and a half of Wolf in the closet gathering dust. I shot my 8mm Mauser once. It's boring! Why do I feel this incredible urge to buy a couple of tins of surplus 8mm Romanian ammo? Why? sob sob sob sob....

My name is Jim and I am a gunaholic!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I limited myself to 20 firearms at a time. If I want to buy a new one, I have to sell an old one.
I was doing really good with this new system, and then I forgot how to count!!!
Plus I got the worst sellers remorse over all the ones I let get away.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought my  first AR spur of the moment too -
in CA  no less.
Then again, the spur was the moment.
I felt like a dork buying one
because I was a Marine then and all of my
buddies wanted AKs.
"HA HA look at him"
Like being the kid who brings
a math book to school for show and
tell or something.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I limited myself to 20 firearms at a time. If I want to buy a new one, I have to sell an old one.
I was doing really good with this new system, and then I forgot how to count!!!
Plus I got the worst sellers remorse over all the ones I let get away.
View Quote

I did give one away, or rather trade it for a tool I wanted. It still bugs me, even though the tool is worth $600 and the rifle was worth $200. I want it back! It was a sweet M38 Swede.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#17]
"HA HA look at him"
Like being the kid who brings
a math book to school for show and
tell or something.
View Quote

ROFLMAO!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

sitting on the counter with [b]my name[/b] on it's $450 price tag.
View Quote

Maybe I can control my gun purchases because nobody has been kind enough at gun shops to put my name on the price tag.  I feel so depressed now.    [:(]

-RoadDog  
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I never sell my guns, but every other day there's a "one in a life opportunity." Never in my existence will this opportunity for this rare firearm to be purchased, I must have it!! Yes, I need the 12 step program. [beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top