Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2003 5:20:54 PM EDT
We had one left over from Halloween that didn't get carved up. I cut a plug out of the top in a wedge shape so it would go back in tight. The guts got swirled around with a piece of flatbar and I filled the cavity with water. After reinstalling the plug and duct taping in tight, I got out the Glock model 17. I told the wife to watch this shit and put a Winchester hollow point into it at about 12 yards. The plug made an arc through the air that peaked at about 8 feet but no devistating hydrostatic destruction followed. Just some large cracks radiating from the entry hole. I looked for the massive exit hole and guess what? No exit hole. A 14 inch punkin filled with tap water stopped th 9mm hollow point!

The bullet turned inside out and expanded to approx 5/8". No fragments visible.

Bad= no exit wound. Good=every bit of energy was expended in the target.

Maybe if the plug were fixed tighter it would have splattered.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The energy was released through the plug or it probably would have displayed the desired effect.

By the way,  this thread is useless without video.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
lot of air space in a punkin, use something that is full, better results, a coke can for example
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, if you want cool pumpkin effects, don't even think about using a pistol, much less a 9mm. Shoot one of those things with a 75gr Hornady BTHP and you'll be slack-jawed at the exit hole...

If you want a nice "hydrostatic effect" with a 9mm, shoot a milk gallon jug (with the cap on, of course). They explode nicely when shot with .45 ACP hollow points (any weight works fine). I would imagine the 9mm won't be that much different.

If you want a TRULY nice explosion, shoot the same jug with a 55gr Ballistic tip at 3200 fps.

I have way too much fun with my toys...
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
pumpkins have too much fiber holding them together
a friend and I shot one with .223 7.62x39hp .45 and 9mm and it was barely damaged
watermelons on the other hand explode quite nicely
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
You bastard!

You shot one of the good guys!!!!!

Anyone that watches 'Mail call' knows that the evil arch enemy is the dirty communist watermelon!

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#6]
By the way,  this thread is useless without video.
View Quote

I concur.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]
[b][i]"His name was Dicky Dunkin with a head just like a punkin."[/i][/b]
[lol]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Murdered him in cold blood, huh?  Well I hope it made you feel like a real man.

The punkin Gods will get you for that.  

I hope it was at least an evil radical muslim punkin- then it can finally claim it's 72 little punkin virgins.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I shot it and then danced a jig on its guts!

This punkin had 0 air in it. I made sure to fill it to brimming and let the plug displace its own volume of water. No doubt the plug popping out was the reason for less than desired results.

I shot a 1 gallon plastic oil jug full of water with a .38 magsafe(?), and it didn't fully penetrate the otherside. it made a dimple but all of the shot and jacket were inside the dead jug carcass.

Aint got no video. Guess I could draw you a pitcher.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Video's of last years punkin shoot

[URL]http://bgszbauman.myip.org/bbauman/halloween/[/URL]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Aint got no video. Guess I could draw you a pitcher.
View Quote

Thanks, but no need - the local barmaid drew a couple pitchers for me earlier tonight.

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#12]
For a couple of seconds I enjoyed some pure evil and hoped you'd taken out that Uncle Fester lookalike Billy Corgan.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:18:49 AM EDT
[#14]
1 charge of Tannerite about 3 weeks ago on our punkin. Found one little strand of punkin guts in the grass and that was it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#15]
As a result of the fun that I had blowing up pumpkins with a .44 mag. version of the '94 Winchester rifle I now own my very own pumpkin gun.
Large ring lever model "94 Winchester in .44 mag, thank you very much!
A flimsy excuse for buying a gun, but it was a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#16]
What is a punkin.  [peep]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What is a punkin.  [peep]
View Quote

Hell, people are naming their cats that also. LMAO!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top