Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 11:18:38 AM EDT
A older fella who was between 70-80 didnt see myself and forty other cars stopped at a red light. He was in the lane to the right of me and rear ended suzy soccer mom and four other cars. The speed limit was 45 and he was doing every bit of it, he never hit the brakes. When i drove by i could see his air bag had deployed and he didnt look like he was doing very well. Less then a minute before all this happened i was in his lane.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you stop? Fire?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
As you drove by? DId you help?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Did you stop? Fire?

I had my 2 year old and my 4 year old in the back seat. Its four lanes of traffic going both ways, i wasent going to stop there. I drove up about 100 yards and pulled over under a overpass. When i got out a Michigan state trooper was coming to the scene with lights flashing. He was at the right place at the right time for sure. There was no fire, but the older gent had a metric shitload of smoke coming from his engine compartment.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#4]
FAIL!  Shoulda stopped and checked for cash and jewellery.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

FAIL!  Shoulda stopped and checked for cash and jewellery.

Statement coming from someone that has Ronny in his avatar?  

You should have Obama instead.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#6]
This is why i seriously think that older people at a certain age should have MANDATORY driving tests, vision tests, hearing tests, and basic common sense tests. Now i am not one for gubberment interference but i have been to many scenes of accidents where older people have been in , and 9 out of 10 times it was their fault one way or another. I remember once when i was 18 i had this old woman "drop" her cigarette in her seat while driving in the middle of the bypass here in my town, "4 lanes of busy traffic" and lock her brakes up in front of me, which caused a 6 car fuck up. i managed to only bump her before everyone else came slamming in to each other which threw me completely in to her ass end. Needles to say when the cops showed up everyone was ready to kill her old ass, and when she told the cops what happened i think he was ready to let us at her.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is why i seriously think that older people at a certain age should have MANDATORY driving tests, vision tests, hearing tests, and basic common sense tests. Now i am not one for gubberment interference but i have been to many scenes of accidents where older people have been in , and 9 out of 10 times it was their fault one way or another. I remember once when i was 18 i had this old woman "drop" her cigarette in her seat while driving in the middle of the bypass here in my town, "4 lanes of busy traffic" and lock her brakes up in front of me, which caused a 6 car fuck up. i managed to only bump her before everyone else came slamming in to each other which threw me completely in to her ass end. Needles to say when the cops showed up everyone was ready to kill her old ass, and when she told the cops what happened i think he was ready to let us at her.

And while I was stopped I got rearended by a 20 something doing 65 mph. Age has some bearing, but so do other factors.So stay off my lawn! Damned kids!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#8]
We had a some 89yr old women run over a 4yr old in a cross walk over the weekend, right in front of her grandfather.  Fucking bitch has no idea what happened.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/06/16/woman_89_charged_in_accident_that_killed_girl_4/

I got backed into by an old lady at a Dunkin Donuts, twice.  She apparently didn't hear my relentless use of the horn.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is why i seriously think that older people at a certain age should have MANDATORY driving tests, vision tests, hearing tests, and basic common sense tests.

Just repeal the laws governing insurance companies that mandate coverage and this problem will be solved using actuarial data.

Smart insurance companies would hike rates of age linked high risk groups and offer discounts for testing.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Isn't it crazy how things could have changed if one little thing had happend? Like if you hadn't gotten over?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why i seriously think that older people at a certain age should have MANDATORY driving tests, vision tests, hearing tests, and basic common sense tests.

Just repeal the laws governing insurance companies that mandate coverage and this problem will be solved using actuarial data.

Smart insurance companies would hike rates of age linked high risk groups and offer discounts for testing.

Insurance companies shouldn't be deciding who can and can't drive.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Isn't it crazy how things could have changed if one little thing had happend? Like if you hadn't gotten over?

Yes, my boys would be in the hospital. If someone hurt them, negligent or not i would come unhitched.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Insurance companies shouldn't be deciding who can and can't drive.

Pay to play.  If you are a greater risk, you pay for the company to assume you as a risk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top