Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 6:53:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/13/2004 7:19:03 PM EST by carbine]
I just want you all to know that my anger is 100% directed to those that send the troops and support this war - not the troops themselves. I want to apologize if any of my comments have been construed to degrade the troops. I assure that is not who I am angry with

I respect and support the troops 100%, and with a heavy heart I want every single one to come home safe. God! I so really want them to come home safe and sound. there is no one here who respects the troops more than me - not one!!!!! however I have no respect for the "leaders" who send them to their deaths or those who support it - just disdain.

So let me tell you a little story - this is the core of my anger (you may or may not care, but it is very relevant to the times):

my father was a great man - a stud basically. while not the most intellectual person (he barely graduated high school) he was the hardest working "son-of-a-bitch" I ever knew, and his only goal was to give his three sons a better life than he had.

My father was a marine for 28 years serving two years in country (65/68) -- you military guys will realize the significance of retiring only two years short of 30 full years. He was stationed in da nang most of his time and was assigned to the marine 5th recon and is pictured in the april 16, 1965 issue of life magazine profiling a mission (which was a volunteer-only mission) where a life reporter rode with the crew designated "yankee papa 13." My father was the door-gunner in another chopper on that same mission, and is seen in the photos in the article. Upon his retirement his guys presented him with a silver plated full-size rowing oar inscribed simply "nails." It was said by his colleagues that my father was as "tough as nails" hence his nickname. He even played right/left guard for quantico USMC football team during the korean war years.

http://www.memories2go.com/content/116-504-1600.jpg

While stateside in the military he used to moonlight two other jobs as well in order to send his 3 boys to private schools - he hated public schools. My mother was also a marine who worked two jobs. My brothers were raised at quantico and pendleton, and I grew up at pendleton and el toro.

My father retired in 1974, because of his disillusionment with the government that was sending him and his friends into the meat grinder of vietnam - much like iraq today. My father was a very different man after the war than he was before the war. I was born late in my father's military career and didnt know my pre-war father very well but my older brothers and mother told me of the time when he was a "happy-go-lucky" type of guy. I never got that chance to experience my father's happy side. All I saw was the ill-tempered guy destroyed by a war thrust upon him and his family by EVIL, EVIL people. My father was taken from me by force. In his words: "I signed-up to defend my country not make some gook (my father was old school, please dont be offended by this word) country safe for democracy." he counseled his sons to be succesfull and to NEVER join the military.

my father died in 1993 partially from complications that he carried since the war, and was not able to be there to see me, his last son, get married to the beautiful lady that is my wife, nor see the success i achieved in life do to his counseling.

So while I get very angry over this war at times, please never, never take it as a slam to the guys/gals fighting it.

this is my story. take it for what its worth

God bless
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:58:25 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:02:22 PM EST

All I saw was the ill-tempered guy destroyed by a war thrust upon him and his family by EVIL, EVIL people.

Yea, Lyndon Johnson was a war-profiteering bastard. I'm glad Nixon got us out of there. Too bad about Nixon, he was fighting some of the same Democratic traitors we have to deal with today.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:16:38 PM EST
Marine is spelled with a capital M.

And as far as you being teed off with the leaders who send the troops overseas, tough.

This had been brewing for 11 years, and the UN, who was SUPPOSED to enforce sanctions against Iraq, did squat.

So, with a REAL man in the White House, we decided that it was time to quit pussyfooting around, and get the job done.

So, you can take your misdirected anger and stuff it where the sun don't shine. WHich in your case would be between your ears.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:31:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/13/2004 8:35:05 PM EST by thebeekeeper1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:32:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By Hydguy:

And as far as you being teed off with the leaders who send the troops overseas, tough.

This had been brewing for 11 years, and the UN, who was SUPPOSED to enforce sanctions against Iraq, did squat.

So, with a REAL man in the White House, we decided that it was time to quit pussyfooting around, and get the job done.

So, you can take your misdirected anger and stuff it where the sun don't shine. WHich in your case would be between your ears.

you are a big talking loser, evil, pos. btw the sun doesnt shine between my ears because the area is occupied by my brain (something that is foreign to you). i think that you are confusing my head with yours. your head is filled only with gasses. i believe they call those gasses FARTS!!! which is a medical complication of shit-for-brains-itis which you seem to be suffering from.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:37:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By carbine:

you are a big talking loser, evil, pos. btw the sun doesnt shine between my ears because the area is occupied by my brain (something that is foreign to you). i think that you are confusing my head with yours. your head is filled only with gasses. i believe they call those gasses FARTS!!! which is a medical complication of shit-for-brains-itis which you seem to be suffering from.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:38:02 PM EST
Thanks for sharing what i'm sure is a difficult subject for you to correspond.
While his disilusionment with those who sought US military intervention in Vietnam is much deserved,
I accept him as a hero who fought for freedom. Many great men have sacrificed their life in the name of freedom and your father deserves his rightful recognition for such brave actions. Strive to recognize our soldiers as the bravest, most selfless men who stand ready to enforce freedom at all cost. They are my heroes. And the heroes here of many.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:38:16 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:43:43 PM EST
Hey, from the thread you linked to, it's apparent that he's better than everyone else here, so he should be able to commit the same personal attacks he claims to be above.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:51:19 PM EST

I am very sorry for your loss. Alot of the people here probably have never had close relatives as negatively affected by war like your father and think it is like one big video game where everyone comes back like Audie Murphy. When this whole mess in the middle east is all over, there is going to be a waive of soldiers suffering from PTSD and other psychological/physical maladies that another generation of familes will have to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:08:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/13/2004 8:09:47 PM EST by carbine]
thanks imbro you see, my father was a bad ass who always had "the other guys back" and he was always there to volunteer when the worst shit went down. it used to drive my mother crazy -- she used to go days on end with no sleep out of worry. it was my brothers' responsibility to keep things in order at the home while my father was away and though i was very, very young at the time i remember a lot of the pain. there were many military family neighbors that weren't as lucky as i -- they never saw their fathers/brothers again.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:14:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/13/2004 8:15:54 PM EST by Hydguy]

Sorry bud, I gave 11 years of my life to the Corps. SO the fact that I had the balls, and desire, to serve, unlike yourself, should show everyone who the loser is.

As far as being evil, well, I don't think that my daughter would ever say that, but I know plenty of people who do.

And Just so you know, I don't hold your stupidity against your father. He also had the balls to serve, unlike you.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:22:35 PM EST
mr beekeeper

i dont think i ever complained about personal attacks -- because, as a matter of fact, i actually like to be the spoon that "stirs the pot."
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:24:14 PM EST
Don't you have some posting to do over on DUh?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:25:35 PM EST

mr beekeeper

i dont think i ever complained about personal attacks -- because, as a matter of fact, i actually like to be the spoon that "stirs the pot."

You'd be more at home stirring a septic tank.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:26:35 PM EST
Your father has my gratitude for his years of service to the nation, and you have my profound sympathy for your loss.

You're still wrong.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:29:04 PM EST
Pray tell, carbine, what exactly do you think is worth fighting for?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:34:17 PM EST

Sorry bud, I gave 11 years of my life to the Corps. SO the fact that I had the balls, and desire, to serve, unlike yourself, should show everyone who the loser is.

As far as being evil, well, I don't think that my daughter would ever say that, but I know plenty of people who do.

And Just so you know, I don't hold your stupidity against your father. He also had the balls to serve, unlike you.

my father was 1000 times the man you could ever even think of being. you would not be worthy to wipe his ass. he counseled his boys not to join the military and to be a success. if you say i have no balls for not serving; i must laugh at you, because you are saying that his advice was incorrect, and i and my two brothers are living proof that he was correct. if you say that i am stupid you are calling my father stupid because i am following his advice.

you are a whore!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:37:13 PM EST

my father was 1000 times the man you could ever even think of being. you would not be worthy to wipe his ass. he counseled his boys not to join the military and to be a success. if you say i have no balls for not serving; i must laugh at you, because you are saying that his advice was incorrect, and i and my two brothers are living proof that he was correct. if you say that i am stupid you are calling my father stupid because i am following his advice.

you are a whore!!

Man, when is this guy going to get booted? It seems like he's taking every opportunity to rabidly insult everyone he disagrees with.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:39:09 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:40:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/13/2004 8:42:37 PM EST by MisterFloppy]

Wow, someone makes a valid argument and all you can come up with is a hate filled personal attack? An attack that sounds like something I would hear from someone under the age of 12.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:44:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/13/2004 8:45:06 PM EST by Hydguy]
You are a funny guy carbine.

Guess what? My father, an Air Force officer with over 28 years of service himself, told me the same thing, but he saw the changes that I went through in Boot Camp and realised he was wrong.

Some how, I don't think you could have made it through boot camp anyway, so yopu were better off not wasting the government's time and money on trying to train a natural washout.

Kinda like Riddick Bowe, just without all the fame and money that he had...

Damn Bee, I wanted to see what is reply to this post was going to be!!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:49:41 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:59:43 PM EST
Interestingly enough, my father also served for 28 years in the Army and served two tours of duty in Vietnam ('65-'66 with MACV and '68-'69 as a company commander with 1st CAV). He maintains to this day that it was a just war that could have been won if it hadn't been fucked up by the bureaucrats and polititians in Washington.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:09:07 PM EST
hmm. I guess we aren't gona find out what somebody was doing. Since the last Marine unit left Vietnam in 1971.

Makes one wonder doesn't it. Especially since it was the Kennedy/Johnson/McNamara team that started sending troops into the meatagrinder and the Nixon team that got them out. Evil meaning the Kennedy/Johnson team or the VC/NVA????
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:16:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By Nimrod1193:
Interestingly enough, my father also served for 28 years in the Army and served two tours of duty in Vietnam ('65-'66 with MACV and '68-'69 as a company commander with 1st CAV). He maintains to this day that it was a just war that could have been won if it hadn't been fucked up by the bureaucrats and polititians in Washington.

[faux carbine rant]
You ignorant syphallitic puke. Your father was a worthless maggot compared to mine. That is obvious that he never had a brain in his body unlike my dad whose words should be inscribed in stone tablets and carried down from mount sinai and treated as though they were the words of God himself. No go crawl back into your pathetic hole of a life because you can in no way possibly compare to the greatness or intelligence that is me! Fart blech gorp oogle.
[/faux carbine rant]

Nothing personal directed towards you or your dad, nimrod1193. Just wanted to supply a 'carbine' fix for those who will no longer be able to enjoy his great wisdom.
Top Top