Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2003 10:00:59 AM EDT
I don't know what you call them but you put in your interest, down payment and how much your house costs and it gives you the monthly payment?

I have some cash saved up so I am thinking with enough of a down payment I might be able to buy a little place rent out a couple of the rooms and hopefully not pay that much more than rent??

I hate throwing my money away!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep in mind that you'll have to be able to buy the place on your own.  You won't be able to count the anticipated rent paid to you as income on your mortgage application.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Keep in mind that you'll have to be able to buy the place on your own.  You won't be able to count the anticipated rent paid to you as income on your mortgage application.
View Quote

yeah thats a good point, but i was just trying to rationalize buying rather than renting, it seems like in the long run buying is just better.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#3]
[url=http://www.netmovein.com/home/landscape]Mortgage Tools[/url] the click mortgage tools on the left.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#4]
here's a link...
you won't have to enter your personal info by using this tool.....

[url]http://realestate.yahoo.com/realestate/calculators/amortization.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#5]
[url]www.bankrate.com[/url]

Under calculators
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a loan officer. Let me know if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I do not know of an automated loan calculator, but here at AR15.com, we belive in a more personal approach. there are several mortgage loan officers here that could give you the information you are needing PLUS we may be able to give you a home loan.

Let me know what the parameters are and I'll be glad to gin you up some figures.....who knows, they may even be correct figures![:D]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#8]

www.interest.com

They have ALOT of stuff as I bought a condo last month.

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Be careful about buying being better than renting.  In many cases it is, but in many cases it isn't.  If you're not going to be in that location at least 5 years, or be able to keep the house as a rental if you move away, it's probably better to rent.
Also, nearly everyone buys bigger than they rent.  So figure on the cost of new furniture etc.  And plan to either have a credit card with a $5k limit or so, or about $5k in savings for those un-planned home repairs.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#10]
thanks for the offer guys but I am a ways away from buying. I am just seeing if I could pull it at this point. I haven't even been looking for a house yet, I just have a ballpark of what they go for.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, I do not know of an automated loan calculator, but here at AR15.com, we belive in a more personal approach. there are several mortgage loan officers here that could give you the information you are needing PLUS we may be able to give you a home loan.

Let me know what the parameters are and I'll be glad to gin you up some figures.....who knows, they may even be correct figures![:D]
View Quote

[:D]  [:D]  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top