Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2007 8:21:23 PM EDT
it's quite clear the writers know very little about guns.  In almost every episode they'll try to say something fancy regarding firearms to make it sound like they really know what they're talking about but it just comes off as the opposite.  A few examples:

"He had a 1911 with extended controls and a beveled magwell.  He means business."

"These guys had Glocks with competition grips."

"Do you have any guns in the car?"
"A few semi-automatics."
"You have unregistered guns in a stolen car?!?!?"

I really like the show but come on hire an expert or something that can actually make the gun dialogue sound a little realistic.  They have guns in the show so they must have some gunwranglers or whatever they're called.  Surely these people actually know a little about guns.  I think the writers must just flip through some gunrags and pull out phrases that sound cool to them.  It's very distracting.  Not that the show is all that realistic anyway but damn it's like fingernails on a chalkboard everytime they throw in a "cool" gun guy phrase.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I know what you mean. That's basically the only thing about htat show that irritates me. I still record it every week, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top