Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 9:43:37 AM EDT
As some of you know I'm on terminal leave from the Army and little over a month ago I started work with a large employer in the Northern VA area. From the beginning (to include initial phone call) things were a little "off" but I pressed on and got things worked out fairly well. Long story short I felt that the treatment I got in Basic training was better and more professional than what you'd expect from a Fortune 500 company. I quit my job, closed my lease on my apartment and totally unassed the AO after only 2 days. In my heart and gut (Instinct) I know I made the right choice, the problem I've been having is it's a pretty funky time to find a job in the Tidewater area as an Intell/DoD type analyst. I never EVER figured that my old company would hire me again after me quitting. Today I decided to cruize their website to see if they had any openings down here...lo and behold they had a bunch so I called the POC of one to see if I was totally fcked or if it was possible to be rehired in a different division. Well it's not easy, but it IS possible for me to be re-ired! I normally don't ask for prayers on such trivial matters, but it's really starting to bother me not having a decent job. If you could spare a moment to pray or wish for me either sucess in rehiring, or inner peace and quiet until I find a job. Thanks in advance, Jon
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#1]
are you going back to the Fortune500 company?

Good luck with whatever you do, and dont get trapped into the type of "roof over head, car in garage" thinking even if you have to cut back on everything in your life- including your home. If you cant find a job, go to college.

Good luck, if you need advice ARFcom has never let me down, dont be afraid to ask.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Been there.  Follow your instincts.  Prayer sent for the best for you.

SRM
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the prayers guys, I had typed soemthing earlier but couldn't post. It's the same company but a totally different division. Different region even. Anyhow I never took the problems I had earlier as a hit agaist the company, specificaly one person and one division. I'd still like to work for them and after speaking to the lady about it today it's possible. They'll need some info from me and someone will have to determine whether or not to rehire me...basically look at how and why I left and make a judgement call. Again thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top