Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/16/2005 9:04:08 PM EDT
OK tell me what you guys would do if you were me. I want an MP5 clone bad REAL BAD. I recently started a 2nd job (I"m a firefighter, EMT, Paramedic, Nurse) at a staffing agency due to the fact that my wife was sick for about 3 - 4 months last year and were now playing catch up on the bills. I make $40 per hour at this 2nd job and after we get some extra cash to get caught up ( about 2 -3 grand) after that were pretty much caught up. So would you guys if you were me work a few shifts (I'd say 4 -6 8 hour shifts that should be enough to buy a bobcat MP5 clone NIB). Hell sorry guys I'm rammbling here. What I trying to say is that I will feel bad about going behind her back getting this. It wont be a problem to hide it because I wont she dont know what guns I have and she dont know the difference either. She is ok with me having guns but she will flip out if I told her how much it will cost (she would be ok if it was 500 - 600 dollars) I'm mean she is cool with me having guns but she is not cool with some of the price tags that these toys come with. If I could find a retailer to buy one through that had financeing then it would be no problem I'd just save up half and when I got that I'd just tell her that it will cost about 600 - 800 dollars and can i finance it ( she wont know about the other half ) that way she knows i got it and I wont feel as bad. Hell I dont know what would some of you guys do???????
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:09:41 PM EDT
Why dont you just tell her the truth? You are working extra to buy yourself something you have always wanted. She shouldnt have a problem with you trying to reach your goals.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:41:10 PM EDT
Well she don't always see things my way. Know what I mean.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:52:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:02:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:07:35 PM EDT

None of my business, but if you need a second job to catch up on bills, you probably have more pressing needs than an expensive toy. Like putting money into a Roth IRA, saving up for the next emergency (there's always going to be something - flooded basement, leaky roof, car repair, etc.).

If you have no credit card debt, no car loan and a nice cash buffer for emergencies - then knock yourself out, and get what you like. It sounds like you are working your ass off, and you deserve to spoil yourself!

As an aside - are bobcat the "good" HK clones, or are they they Special Weapons crap spinoffs? Anyone know?
Top Top