Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 9:04:08 PM EDT
OK tell me what you guys would do if you were me. I want an MP5 clone bad REAL BAD. I recently started a 2nd job (I"m a firefighter, EMT, Paramedic, Nurse) at a staffing agency due to the fact that my wife was sick for about 3 - 4 months last year and were now playing catch up on the bills. I make $40 per hour at this 2nd job and after we get some extra cash to get caught up ( about 2 -3 grand) after that were pretty much caught up. So would you guys if you were me work a few shifts (I'd say 4 -6 8 hour shifts that should be enough to buy a bobcat MP5 clone NIB). Hell sorry guys I'm rammbling here. What I trying to say is that I will feel bad about going behind her back getting this. It wont be a problem to hide it because I wont she dont know what guns I have and she dont know the difference either. She is ok with me having guns but she will flip out if I told her how much it will cost (she would be ok if it was 500 - 600 dollars) I'm mean she is cool with me having guns but she is not cool with some of the price tags that these toys come with. If I could find a retailer to buy one through that had financeing then it would be no problem I'd just save up half and when I got that I'd just tell her that it will cost about 600 - 800 dollars and can i finance it (  she wont know about the other half ) that way she knows i got it and I wont feel as bad. Hell I dont know what would some of you guys do???????
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Why dont you just tell her the truth?  You are working extra to buy yourself something you have always wanted.  She shouldnt have a problem with you trying to reach your goals.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Well she don't always see things my way. Know what I mean.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]

None of my business, but if you need a second job to catch up on bills, you probably have more pressing needs than an expensive toy.  Like putting money into a Roth IRA, saving up for the next emergency (there's always going to be something - flooded basement, leaky roof, car repair, etc.).

If you have no credit card debt, no car loan and a nice cash buffer for emergencies - then knock yourself out, and get what you like.  It sounds like you are working your ass off, and you deserve to spoil yourself!

As an aside - are bobcat the "good" HK clones, or are they they Special Weapons crap spinoffs?  Anyone know?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top