Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/22/2008 5:58:34 PM EST
I need sources.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:00:53 PM EST
Don't think that is correct.

Yes, there are horror stories out there. I'm sure a few will chime in. But by and large, I believe men tend to make out better and woman worse after a divorce.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:05:53 PM EST
Shit I'm going to loose this argument then
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:07:42 PM EST
Do you know any single moms? Ask them . . .
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:10:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/22/2008 6:10:20 PM EST by gopeterson]

Originally Posted By Bladeswitcher:
Do you know any single moms? Ask them . . .

I have dated two single moms who did remarkably better after separating from their exs, but they are a far cry from the norm.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:15:24 PM EST
Most single moms are that way by choice. Women initiate 80% of all divorces in this country.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:19:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By gopeterson:

Yes, there are horror stories out there. I'm sure a few will chime in. But by and large, I believe men tend to make out better and woman worse after a divorce.

QFT..
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:20:34 PM EST
Women?

or Mothers?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:22:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By ultramagbrion:
Women?

or Mothers?

Whatever men marry
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:31:06 PM EST

Except for Hollywood marriages and divorces (which I wouldn't categorize as being the same as the rest of America), I have never once heard of a man making out better than his ex-wife in any divorce. Not once.

I DO constantly hear horror stories about men being raped over and over by the system for alimony, child support payments, custody, visitation, etc.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:35:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By Swindle1984:

Except for Hollywood marriages and divorces (which I wouldn't categorize as being the same as the rest of America), I have never once heard of a man making out better than his ex-wife in any divorce. Not once.

I DO constantly hear horror stories about men being raped over and over by the system for alimony, child support payments, custody, visitation, etc.

That's what I hear as well. I even remember people being on CNN and Fox News talking about this. However I can't find any studies that prove it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:37:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:42:21 PM EST
I thought that the studies showed that overall for the long term, womens' standard of living tended to decline after divorce, while mens' went up. This was all over the blogs maybe 2 years ago. This makes sense with fewer women having job skills and often having to take care of any children. This does not discount the significant screwing of the guy that happens immediately around the divorce and sometimes in support.

Why are divorces expensive? They're worth it...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:43:31 PM EST

I think you'll find that to be true. Especially in the past when alot of women didn't go to school or work and all of a sudden found themselves with no skills, no income and kids to take care.

The stories you read here are from disgruntled divorced guys complaining. Go to a message board where mostly women hang out and you'll read a different story.
Top Top