Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2013 6:18:06 AM EDT
Hey guys I need some advice. I need to know how to annonomysely report a person i know who is crazy and owns guns. I want to do this with out any body knowing who reported it. This is someone I used to go shooting with but no longer do because of an incident. While we were shooting i simply asked him about his new sling, he responded by saying "WHAT MOTHER FUCKER" then loading his ar and pointing it at my head. I think about this everyday and it bothers me badly. He has talked about killing him self on more than one occasion and I honestly think he is capable of much more. I need some help guys...I work with this asshole and infact is my bosses son. What should I do. I dont want this guy to have guns, he is the problem with mental health and gun owner ship in the country.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Anonymous tip to local police/sheriff's office?
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:22:09 AM EDT
[#2]
IN! Dis gunna be good.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

...He has talked about killing him self on more than one occasion...
View Quote

It appears that the problem may resolve itself.

Here's the deal:  Unless you are an immediate relative, roommate, or spouse you don't have standing to do anything unless he threatens you or your family.

You can call LEOs and report the guy's erratic behavior, but they are unlikely to respond unless you report an immediate threat situation.  If they do respond and don't see CREDIBLE signs of an immediate threat, e.g. a suicide note, they can't do anything unless the guy admits to them that he is suicidal or is having thoughts of doing something illegal.

If I were you I'd steer clear of the guy.

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:27:06 AM EDT
[#4]
There might be an anonymous tip line set-up with your police dept.   Check their website.

However, if you want real action, you could probably press charges against him for loading and pointing the gun at you in a threatening manner.  But that wouldn't be anonymous of course.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:29:00 AM EDT
[#5]
If your location and relationship to the subject are accurate,  then you won't be anonymous long.
If you fudged those facts,  then anonymous call to popo could get him contacted.
Without an on record statement from you regarding the incident I doubt anything will be done.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:29:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here's the deal:  Unless you are an immediate relative, roommate, or spouse you don't have standing to do anything unless he threatens you or your family.

You can call LEOs and report the guy's erratic behavior, but they are unlikely to respond unless you report an immediate threat situation.  If they do respond and don't see CREDIBLE signs of an immediate threat, e.g. a suicide note, they can't do anything unless the guy admits to them that he is suicidal or is having thoughts of doing something illegal.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...He has talked about killing him self on more than one occasion...

Pretty much this, I assume though that since it is Oregon there is some sort of hippy faggotry Adult Mental Health services that will invade his privacy on an anonymous call.  So how long ago did he point said firearm at you
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:33:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Trolling doesn't even mean anything anymore.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:37:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Why not let it go.  it's not a problem anymore. You might want to look for another job if not.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a lost art.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:38:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hey guys I need some advice. I need to know how to annonomysely report a person i know who is crazy and owns guns. I want to do this with out any body knowing who reported it. This is someone I used to go shooting with but no longer do because of an incident. While we were shooting i simply asked him about his new sling, he responded by saying "WHAT MOTHER FUCKER" then loading his ar and pointing it at my head. I think about this everyday and it bothers me badly. He has talked about killing him self on more than one occasion and I honestly think he is capable of much more. I need some help guys...I work with this asshole and infact is my bosses son. What should I do. I dont want this guy to have guns, he is the problem with mental health and gun owner ship in the country.
View Quote
I suspect you dont want anyone to have them.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It's a lost art.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a lost art.
13'ers.   Some good . Some .    

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:40:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I strongly doubt the veracity of the claims presented in the original post.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:45:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Who ever thinks I dont want anyone to have guns needs to meet this guy. I think EVERYBODY mentaly capable of owning a gun should exercise that right. this guy is a ticking time bomb and its a matter of time. Ive heard him say he wants to blow up the courthouse and all kinds of crazy shit. I am not trolling, this has been weighing on me for quite sometime now and i just needed to talk about it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
While we were shooting i simply asked him about his new sling, he responded by saying "WHAT MOTHER FUCKER" then loading his ar and pointing it at my head.
View Quote

This is totally unacceptable behaviour.  I don't think you can anonymously report this type of incident.
Also, given his instability, I would be nervous if I didn't have anonymity.  Your only option now is to move, or kill him next time he pulls that shit.  It's going to suck if you kill him though...so moving is probably the best bet.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:02:46 AM EDT
[#16]
In the past I have read some pretty good troll threads here and elsewhere,
I would like to make a personal request that a few veteran, talented, trolls get together and pen a "rules for trolls" type manual.
As of late the entertainment value of these type threads has completely dissipated.
Competent trolling IS an art form and can be appreciated by all.
This is just sad
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#17]
IBT13'erL
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#18]
If not trolling, I'd forgo any anonymous tip to say he's crazy, and report him for what would be, in my state, aggravated assault.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's not even trying, it's sad really.

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This site deserves a better class of troll.

Free TargetTarget! That guy knew how to get GD riled up and was hillarious.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:14:37 AM EDT
[#21]
'14 ers will be the best ever.  A pile of dog crap would shine when compared to a 13er.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#22]
You have spent a lot of time building your post count with weird questions about hardware.  All to lead to this troll post?   Bravo.  Someone threatens your life and you get a lil butthurt?  Your story is bullshit or you are fucking retarded or both.  In true arfcom fashion I would say both.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Please don't judge all 13er's by the actions of a few.

Ont the off-chance this isn't trolling, you can report him to the police as suggested above, or you could tell his father.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:21:03 AM EDT
[#24]
call the police
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top