Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2008 1:51:10 PM EST
I am a travelling tech and I need to carry tools with me. When I am in the car, the bag dosen't matter much, I have used a cardboard box before. I would like to start using the motorcycle more [given the $4 a gallon gas prediction by this summer] but a "proper" way to transport my tools and gear escapes me. I currently have a big bag like this only bigger:

...and a couple of smaller bags that have handles but are no good for on the bike.

This is my inspiration:
www.stanleysupplyservices.com/product-group.aspx?id=9946

The problem is that this particular example is cheezy and poorly constructed for what amounts to a $200 backpack. I also would like to be able to carry more than just the tools, like maybe a laptop or some other parts. I have about that level of toolkit [size] with about half again as much in the way of testers and add-ons to carry.

Most every place that makes tacticool gear makes some type of backpack, but looking at them on a website is not like looking at them in person. It was the in-person look and feel that turned me off about the above item.

So, What I am looking for is a backpack that has all of the bells and whistles, and can, in some way be modified or ordered to be able to carry tools. I suppose if it was an appropriate size to fit the pre-made tool pallets that would be OK, but I really prefer something more integrated. Possibly a Medic bag like this:

but again I have never seen one in person to tell how well they would work, and I would want a solid color maybe brown or black. I cant walk into a professional atmosphere to repair high dollar server equipment in fatigues with a camo backpack...

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 4:11:04 PM EST
Anyone? Bueller?

I can't believe I am the only tech here...
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 4:19:41 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 9:27:15 AM EST
I looked up CLC and they do seem to have a tool-backpack, but the combination of tiny pictures and the lack of a brick and mortar store that I can go look at this makes me shy.

I want to be able to see this myself or know someone that has one that I can ask for detailed pictures...
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 9:36:39 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:43:17 PM EST
Well, I got a Blackhawk Stomp pack, but it's too damn big.... Back to the drawing board.
Top Top