Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2011 7:14:34 AM EDT
I have a older GE top load washer that has a bad motor (atleast that's what I've come up with) but a replacement motor cost around $300. So I guess its time to buy a new one. So my question is.....

What would be the best brands to look at? Im not looking to spend a whole lot of money.

Where are the best places to look?

Im kind of new to all of this since this is my first house also I have a baby on the way so money is kind of tight.

Thank you
Cody
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:18:32 AM EDT
Whirlpool Top Loader.

My dad is an appliance repairman and it's what he recommended when we were buying.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:21:23 AM EDT
I have a Fisher and Paykel EcoSmart washing machine.  It was inexpensive and it is solid.  Love it.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:21:36 AM EDT
DO YOUR RESEARCH ABOUT ODOR ON ANY MODEL YOU THINK ABOUT BUYING

The front load washers sometimes smell like a dirty wet dog. Mine (Fridigaire bought from Lowes) front load has never smelled but I can say about 75% of my friends (all dif brands) has a odor issue where they have to run a special tablet in their washing machine every week to clear out the molding dog smell...
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:23:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:

Whirlpool Top Loader.  My dad is an appliance repairman and it's what he recommended when we were buying.

This

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:25:06 AM EDT
I have a Speed Queen.  I love it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:25:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FeedMyBeltFed:
DO YOUR RESEARCH ABOUT ODOR ON ANY MODEL YOU THINK ABOUT BUYING

The front load washers sometimes smell like a dirty wet dog. Mine (Fridigaire bought from Lowes) front load has never smelled but I can say about 75% of my friends (all dif brands) has a odor issue where they have to run a special tablet in their washing machine every week to clear out the molding dog smell...

Or be sure to leave the door open whenever it is not actually being used.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:37:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EarlBypass:

Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:
Whirlpool Top Loader.  My dad is an appliance repairman and it's what he recommended when we were buying.

This

This

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:24:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2011 7:25:34 PM EDT by RTOinIraq]
Going to look at a Whirlpool tomorrow that I found for $387 out the door.

Thanks for everyones help.
Cody
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:36:22 PM EDT
Bosch.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:39:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RaisedByWolves:
Bosch.

+1. Mine have been fantastic!
Top Top