Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2003 6:18:57 PM EDT
So last evenings festivities got real expensive.  I lost my surfire 6v w/red lens cap in one of the various and sundry bars I visited.  So I need a new light and would like your suggestions.

Here are my limitations:
1.  Has to use DL 123 batteries(Both my weapons light and strobe use these, dont want an odd extra type of battery to have on hand)

2.  Has to have a red lens.

3.  Push Button end cap

If there is something that beats surfires quality and meets my requirements let me know.

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Surefire G2 Nitrolon... $29!!!!!!!!!!
[url]http://www.botachtactical.com/surefireg2.html[/url]
As bright as most of their other "personal lights" and if you loose it... so what!?
I like mine.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Adam White's advice on how to be a professional drunk:

1) Clean through your wallet before leaving you room. Leave all credit cards, miscellaneous ID behind.

2) Dummy cord your wallet to your pants if possible. Best bet is to have special wallet set aside just for this purpose.

3) Leave all other items of value behind. If you are going to be drinking, ALL weapons should be left behind as well. The only light you need can be secured to you keys (photon micro-light or similar are great).

4) Dummy cord your keys to your pants. Leave your car keys at home. Leave your office keys at home. Those 2am urges to get office work done usually end up being BAD IDEAS.

5) Place the equivalent of $20 in both US and local currency in your sock.

6) Practice saying the following things OUT LOUD. Repetition is key, as these are very hard to say once drinking. You may also want to practice this in the local language:
- "Thanks, but I don't want sex"
- "No, I don't want another drink"
- "No more kabobs for me thank you"
- "Sorry, but you're not good looking enough for me"
- "We really should head in an hour or so before curfew"
- "I'm not interested in fighting you"

7) Repeat the following three phrases to yourself at least 100 times before your first drink:
- "No one wants to hear me sing"
- "I can wait to urinate until I am at an established facility"
- "Passing law enforcement officials do not want to shake my hand"

I only wish I had practiced all of this good advice in my younger years.

Adam
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top