Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2015 1:26:20 PM EDT
The Winter winds have played havoc on my flag set up at home.  It was a basic 3x5 flag on a cheap 6' metal pole that attached to a pillar on our porch.  I would like to get the same set up only in a much higher quality.  What do you all recommend?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Valley Forge flags? I think they are US made, nice too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I fly these.

http://www.annin.com/

The American flag was less than fifty years old when Alexander Annin
began making US flags for the merchant ships in his sail-making shop on
the New York City waterfront in the 1820’s.

Today Annin Flagmakers is America’s oldest and largest flag company,
remaining heads and shoulders above any other U.S. flag manufacturing
company in the United States.

As a founding member of the Flag Manufactures Association of America (FMAA)
Annin certifies that its American flags have been made in the USA of
materials that are domestic in origin and that all processes in every
step of its manufacture were completed in USA facilities with USA labor.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I replaced one that was showing its age a few months ago. I went with an Annin because I wanted one made in the US, had embroidered stars, and was available on amazon prime. It seems like it will last a good while for me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I fly these.

The American flag was less than fifty years old when Alexander Annin began making US flags for the merchant ships in his sail-making shop on the New York City waterfront in the 1820’s.

Today Annin Flagmakers is America’s oldest and largest flag company, remaining heads and shoulders above any other U.S. flag manufacturing company in the United States.

As a founding member of the Flag Manufactures Association of America (FMAA) Annin certifies that its American flags have been made in the USA of materials that are domestic in origin and that all processes in every step of its manufacture were completed in USA facilities with USA labor.
View Quote

+1. Good stuff, no complaints.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I made my own metal holder.  It's over-engineered in true Arfcom fashion.  The winds used to play havoc on my flag until I made that change.  I use an aluminum pole that is modified to use a regular flag instead of one of those cheap banner flags.  I change it out every six to eight months because a faded flag is just not fit to be flown on a daily basis.  I look for American made, embroidered stars, and brass grommets.  We've discussed putting up a standing flag pole but so far I haven't done that.  We have plenty of room for one and no darn HOA to intrude into my business.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I've purchased from these folks before.  GTG.

Made in USA.  Their web page sucks, but the order was processed and shipped very quickly.

Embassy Flags
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fly these.

The American flag was less than fifty years old when Alexander Annin began making US flags for the merchant ships in his sail-making shop on the New York City waterfront in the 1820’s.

Today Annin Flagmakers is America’s oldest and largest flag company, remaining heads and shoulders above any other U.S. flag manufacturing company in the United States.

As a founding member of the Flag Manufactures Association of America (FMAA) Annin certifies that its American flags have been made in the USA of materials that are domestic in origin and that all processes in every step of its manufacture were completed in USA facilities with USA labor.

Plus theybare carried by my local Walmart. Helps on pricing and very easy to find.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Use a harbor freight pole and a US made flag sold in Walmart (you can get the nice stitched ones).

If that doesn't scream irony nothing else will
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I need to replace my flag. It has gotten pretty faded. Sun hits the front of our house for about 75% of the daytime. Our embroidered flag fades fairly quickly.
I usually get ours from US Flag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top