Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 9:44:12 PM EDT
I want one set aside for my gun money.  Since I have little self control, I need one that will take some effort to open.  I was thinking of having my friend weld an ammo can shut and cut a slot in it..but he's out of town until June...

Any ideas?  The cheaper the better.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Six inch PVC, sixteen inches long, with the solvent/glue duo to glue the caps on both ends. Cut your slot, and you're done!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
You work?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Six inch PVC, sixteen inches long, with the solvent/glue duo to glue the caps on both ends. Cut your slot, and you're done!

Holy crap... that's so easy, I wouldn't have even thought of it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You work?

Yeah, I've actually had a good steady job for over a year now.  Things are looking up.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:15:44 AM EDT
[#5]

i like the ammo can idea.  

Take the ammo can to a weld shop and have em lay a bead on it and plasma cut a slot in the top for a buck or two.

it should be VERY cheap and quick to have done.  

when its all said and done your gonna dam near need explosives to open the thing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:50:34 AM EDT
[#6]
In the long run you will have muchmore money if you learn self discipline.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:25:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Hehe.  Self Control???  Heathen.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have some control, I have a separate savings acct for 'just in case' stuff, I just want to be able to build up some fun money.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#9]

I have no idea how much it costs though...sorry.

WBK
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You do know that Home Depot will call the DHS on that right?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

that's not the ARFCOM way
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do know that Home Depot will call the DHS on that right?

Never occurred to me, but it's certainly possible.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#13]
um, how about a bank account?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
um, how about a bank account?

Too easy to withdraw from there.  I already have 2 of them anyway.  One for bills, one for saving for important stuff.  I just want another one that I can throw my quarters and occassional $20-50 in.  I have to keep everything separate or it will get spent on something else.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I want one set aside for my gun money.  Since I have little self control, I need one that will take some effort to open.

Send it to me.  I promise not to give it to you until you've spent at least a year saving up for a particular gun and continue to tell me the same story about your highest priority and how hard you've worked to achieve it.  In the end, you'll get what you really wanted and will be so thoroughly convinced that I'm a heartless ass that you will be able to show self control and manage your own money from then on.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Saving your allowance for a new skateboard?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:14:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Saving your allowance for a new skateboard?

My old nasty sk8 is still good enough.

Saving for a FN PS90.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top